LCID Q3 Earnings

Yes, the Civic is a nice car and the review was understandably upbeat. The Civic would win hands down over the Lucid if the assessment was based only on pure dollar value.

With that said I still believe it would be a major embarrassment for the Civic to beat out the Lucid. However as I said before, I really don't put much stock in these 'car of the year' awards anymore than I do the endless dribble at the Hollywood awards shows.

. . . I really don't put much stock in these 'car of the year' awards anymore than I do the endless dribble at the Hollywood awards shows.

I certainly get that. I've of two minds. On one hand, I agree with your view. On the other, it was the Motor Trend Car of the Year award in 2013 that shot Tesla from semi-obscurity to headline news at a time when most of the market was still betting on Fisker to be the EV success story.

For all of our obsessions with Lucid on these forums, I think we forget how few people still know anything of the brand. I've had "car guys" from radar installers to ceramic coaters to car dealers to acquaintances who own EVs draw a complete blank when I mention Lucid.

I certainly get that. I've of two minds. On one hand, I agree with your view. On the other, it was the Motor Trend Car of the Year award in 2013 that shot Tesla from semi-obscurity to headline news at a time when most of the market was still betting on Fisker to be the EV success story.
Yes, you are correct and I totally forgot that. So there is that. :)

Reservations have topped 17,000. Here is the press release for Q3.

Wow. Stock really popped today. Up about 20%.

My Q3 earnings question:
Will future Grand Touring orders further delay the production of the Touring and Pure variants?

Back