latest repair

jpcornett

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
after an 200 mile golf trip last week, on the home back in the rain with one stop at EA for charge, got close to home and wipers stopped working (showed error), charging port door showed error (would not open) and frunk would not open. Also showed drive train error for a moment. Called Lucid and they walked through some things and said, call service center. Called service center they cam an got the car and here is the result. 1. Coolant pump for batteries (1 of 4) failed. Therefore car shut down other functions (wiper, charge door, frunk)........not a lot of logic here. Richmond VA service center is great by the way. So, in a couple years when Lucid decides to quit providing shuttle service what will be the deal then? Maybe they should have told us if you don't live within 50 miles of a service center don't buy this car?????? Still love it, but no way it can be primary car with this kind of problems and solutions........................

Still love it, but no way it can be primary car with this kind of problems and solutions........................
The Air is my only car. And I don’t think twice about that, even when my car had had some service done.

All car manufacturers have issues. That’s the nature of building anything on an assembly line. And EVs tend to have far fewer issues than ICE cars, simply because there are far fewer things that can go wrong.

Lucid’s service infrastructure needs work, to be sure. But they will likely catch up by the time our cars are out of warranty.

after an 200 mile golf trip last week, on the home back in the rain with one stop at EA for charge, got close to home and wipers stopped working (showed error), charging port door showed error (would not open) and frunk would not open. Also showed drive train error for a moment. Called Lucid and they walked through some things and said, call service center. Called service center they cam an got the car and here is the result. 1. Coolant pump for batteries (1 of 4) failed. Therefore car shut down other functions (wiper, charge door, frunk)........not a lot of logic here. Richmond VA service center is great by the way. So, in a couple years when Lucid decides to quit providing shuttle service what will be the deal then? Maybe they should have told us if you don't live within 50 miles of a service center don't buy this car?????? Still love it, but no way it can be primary car with this kind of problems and solutions........................
So, what's your decision?

I live further than 50 miles from a service center and am not worried.

So they took care of your issue but you are worried that in a few years their service capabilities will the same as it is now? I'm confused by your post, especially considering they remedied your vehicle.

seems problem started with failed coolant pump. all good for now, but want to hear about any additional coolant pump failures,
Realistically, they fixed it, so go and enjoy your car.
Nobody, not one car company can quarantine trouble free future rides.

If you are that insecure, then it's the obvious, switch it to something else.

Exact issue happened to me this afternoon. First failure of charge door and then drive system warning, frunk and wiper failure. Waiting for resolution now. Reboots and customer service unable to fix remotely. This is my first major issue after 10 months.

Realistically, they fixed it, so go and enjoy your car.
Nobody, not one car company can quarantine trouble free future rides.

If you are that insecure, then it's the obvious, switch it to something else.
Yep, if you want zero problems go buy a Toyota!

Exact issue happened to me this afternoon. First failure of charge door and then drive system warning, frunk and wiper failure. Waiting for resolution now. Reboots and customer service unable to fix remotely. This is my first major issue after 10 months.
Understood, pump replacement fixed all for me, rocking ever since

Yep, if you want zero problems go buy a Toyota!
Yeah I understand. At least Im not in Winnemucca. I was charging to go to the airport and from SEA to NYC. So it’s a PIA. But love the car. Didn’t expect to be stood up. Fickle women.

seems problem started with failed coolant pump. all good for now, but want to hear about any additional coolant pump failures,
I haven't had a coolant pump failed on me yet.

But when I went in to Service Center to get my tire fixed, they said there is a repair campaign TSC-M0823-002-01 Malfunctioning Coolant 5 Port Valve and they replaced the coolant valve under warranty.

This happened to me, one of the Lin bus controls the charge port door, left battery coolant pump, left rear drive motor pump and left wiper motor. Interestingly a fail safe for your wipers with this is it should default to wipers ON, so that way if it fails on the rain the wipers run automatically and you can see in the rain. Similarly it cuts power to battery/rear motor to protect them so you’d get turtle mode but are not bricked and can still at least drive 50mph, however I chose to stop ASAP. There’s a small number of vehicles this failure has happened to (I think yours and now @Coho is the 5th I’ve heard of?) so I’m thinking it was probably a defective board from a supplier. My fault happened on the way back home from a road trip, they responded immediately, got us an Uber home, towed the car 140 miles to Natick center, got us a rental (this was before loaners were available), and got me my car back about 10 days later. The way this was handled and their problem solving abilities and lightning fast response time gave me nothing to complain about aside from a failure on a relatively new car, but I have a higher tolerance for it given it was version 1 of the car.

This happened to me, one of the Lin bus controls the charge port door, left battery coolant pump, left rear drive motor pump and left wiper motor. Interestingly a fail safe for your wipers with this is it should default to wipers ON, so that way if it fails on the rain the wipers run automatically and you can see in the rain. Similarly it cuts power to battery/rear motor to protect them so you’d get turtle mode but are not bricked and can still at least drive 50mph, however I chose to stop ASAP. There’s a small number of vehicles this failure has happened to (I think yours and now @Coho is the 5th I’ve heard of?) so I’m thinking it was probably a defective board from a supplier. My fault happened on the way back home from a road trip, they responded immediately, got us an Uber home, towed the car 140 miles to Natick center, got us a rental (this was before loaners were available), and got me my car back about 10 days later. The way this was handled and their problem solving abilities and lightning fast response time gave me nothing to complain about aside from a failure on a relatively new car, but I have a higher tolerance for it given it was version 1 of the car.
Well my tetrad failure appears to be related to water intrusion at the charge port. They are replacing components affected and expect it will not be at risk for repeat. So the water must have affected said board. Anyway, I hope that’s it.
But they then found a nail in the sidewall of a rear tire. Haven’t had a tire issue in 40 years. Go figure.
Lucid service has been splendid BTW.

I haven't had a coolant pump failed on me yet.

But when I went in to Service Center to get my tire fixed, they said there is a repair campaign TSC-M0823-002-01 Malfunctioning Coolant 5 Port Valve and they replaced the coolant valve under warranty.
My car had mobile service for a loose sway bar. During the visit, the tech performed the same replacement on my car without even mentioning it. Nice!

Back