Last minute offer - am I missing something?

Bnwbaron

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
My advisor called me today, and he said they had a few Touring models available RIGHT NOW. As in buy it today and get the $7500 credit. I have a Pure reserved under legacy pricing, and I will get the Touring pricing TODAY under the same legacy pricing.....~95k base. I hate to rush, but I think I would be dumb not to buy this thing under legacy pricing plus the $7500 tax credit. Right? Am I missing something?

Are you going to pay cash?
Are you going to choose SSP and DDP ?
Plus, it’s already too late, no ? In other words, you have to take delivery before midnight today …
I’m amazed they are still trying to push the deliveries.

I wish my DA would do something besides twiddling his thumbs. Been sitting with a VIN for 2 weeks now

My advisor called me today, and he said they had a few Touring models available RIGHT NOW. As in buy it today and get the $7500 credit. I have a Pure reserved under legacy pricing, and I will get the Touring pricing TODAY under the same legacy pricing.....~95k base. I hate to rush, but I think I would be dumb not to buy this thing under legacy pricing plus the $7500 tax credit. Right? Am I missing something?
You’re not missing anything I had a similar call took them up on the offer and I’m driving my new GT right now. It’s exactly what I had ordered and I didn’t have to wait go ahead and buy it.

You’re not missing anything I had a similar call took them up on the offer and I’m driving my new GT right now. It’s exactly what I had ordered and I didn’t have to wait go ahead and buy it.
By the way, I’ve had the car for only three days, but every single thing works perfectly. It charges immediately with plug-and-play. I absolutely love it.

That’s a no-brainer I hope you went for it!

Update at 1037 pm……I did It. My advisor showed up around six and left around nine. Went through the checklist, and it is sitting in my garage right now. I’m glad I did it. Got in under the wire for the tax credit and had the legacy pricing, too. Thanks, all, for the comments and suggestions.

Are you going to pay cash?
Are you going to choose SSP and DDP ?
Plus, it’s already too late, no ? In other words, you have to take delivery before midnight today …
I’m amazed they are still trying to push the deliveries.
I did all cash. With this deal, they gave me SSP and DDP for ninety days for free. After ninety days, both shut off if I dont pay additional. This works out great because I didn’t really want either, and under the original contract, I would have been forced to take them if I wanted the car in 2022. So, I am really pleased…..I save about 12k on those two options and pick up the 7500 in tax credit. I didn’t want the bubble top either, but that’s okay because my wife did.

Update at 1037 pm……I did It. My advisor showed up around six and left around nine. Went through the checklist, and it is sitting in my garage right now. I’m glad I did it. Got in under the wire for the tax credit and had the legacy pricing, too. Thanks, all, for the comments and suggestions.
Seriously nick of time!!!! 😳

I did all cash. With this deal, they gave me SSP and DDP for ninety days for free. After ninety days, both shut off if I dont pay additional. This works out great because I didn’t really want either, and under the original contract, I would have been forced to take them if I wanted the car in 2022. So, I am really pleased…..I save about 12k on those two options and pick up the 7500 in tax credit. I didn’t want the bubble top either, but that’s okay because my wife did.
Congrats it's awesome how it turned out for you.

Congrats! Pics or it didn’t happen!

Assuming that 360 cameras are still in the Pro package, my suggestion is to turn off (as much as possible and ignore if not possible) the 360 camera views. It can be like heroin...the drug dealer keeps giving you a taste until you need it.

Assuming that 360 cameras are still in the Pro package, my suggestion is to turn off (as much as possible and ignore if not possible) the 360 camera views. It can be like heroin...the drug dealer keeps giving you a taste until you need it.
Haha, but it’s sooooo gooooooooooddddd

Haha, but it’s sooooo gooooooooooddddd
Yeah, I would suggest the opposite. Use the heck out of all the “free trial” features so you’ll get a proper feel of what they are worth to you. If you “miss” them when they are gone, then you’ll understand they actually have value. If it’s no big deal, you can be very confident you don’t need them.

My guess is you’ll be able to turn them on at any time, so you can wait to decide until you’ve had a good chance to live without them for a while.

But you’ll only get to use them in “trial” mode once. Make the most of it.

It is...I need it and am addicted to it. @Bnwbaron, when you prepare to park, hit the Park Assist icon on bottom right corner of the pilot panel to manually turn the 360 view on. I never use the park assist function but I always use the 360 and the car doesn't automatically turn it on quickly enough to be useful.

Congrats on getting it. I also got a call like this early Saturday morning. Same config but without the stealth which is what I had on my order.

II decided I wanted to do but I needed to finance and was unable to secure financing in one day, on new years eve, which is what I figured would be my issue. Bummed I couldn't take advantage of the tax credit or get my Touring ASAP.

Yeah, I would suggest the opposite. Use the heck out of all the “free trial” features so you’ll get a proper feel of what they are worth to you. If you “miss” them when they are gone, then you’ll understand they actually have value. If it’s no big deal, you can be very confident you don’t need them.

My guess is you’ll be able to turn them on at any time, so you can wait to decide until you’ve had a good chance to live without them for a while.

But you’ll only get to use them in “trial” mode once. Make the most of it.
This is a very good suggestion. Having SSP and DDP to play with for a couple of weeks has made me remove them from my second Touring build.

Congrats on the new car. You made the right decision. But that Fathom Blue is quite attractive. Hopefully they will make it available on other trims soon!!!

Did you have a choice in colors and what did you get?

Attachments

• D557581B-AD59-4266-B8DC-498701AC240A.jpeg
    D557581B-AD59-4266-B8DC-498701AC240A.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 158
Back