Las Vegas Studio Updates

BG Thornton

Cars
Mercedes S 500
Is there a proposed date for a Las Vegas studio/dealership/service center? I am thoroughly interested in the Lucid brand and really want to purchase an EV soon. I am a 17-year Mercedes owner and would like to switch to EV as my next vehicle. I was invited to drive the EQS last year prior to release as a member of the MB marketing group in Las Vegas. It was a wonderful experience and I have driven Teslas, in the past, too. I am dumbfounded as to why Lucid skipped over this affluent market comfortably situated between its California headquarters and impressive assembly in Arizona to have a studio in its first round in the SW. We are looking forward to it soon but I believe Lucid marketing "misread" the demographics of long time Vegas residents.

Being a former LV resident, I think they not only missed the affluent local clientele, but also the real opportunity to market to the visitors to LV. They should have put a Studio somewhere on the strip, whether it was the Venetian, the Forum shops, Wynn or somewhere else where they could show the car off to both the LV residents and visitors.

Being a former LV resident, I think they not only missed the affluent local clientele, but also the real opportunity to market to the visitors to LV. They should have put a Studio somewhere on the strip, whether it was the Venetian, the Forum shops, Wynn or somewhere else where they could show the car off to both the LV residents and visitors.
These are wise words and observations. Thanks. As a former executive for one of the large resort developers in gaming, I am still in the luxury design industry. I work in some of the most affluent addresses and communities in Las Vegas. I was in a parking garage with over $30M of vehicles recently - between the exotic cars and the collectors vehicles on a sub level, I lost track of all the EVs charging inside. The tony Summerlin, SW valley, and Southern Henderson communities could support it easily. Additionally with all of the California transplants and incoming sports community expansions...Lucid missed it.

I used to live in Summerlin, in a community called Mountain Trails, little known subdivision, but very interesting group of neighbors, almost ran over Floyd Mayweather one day when pulling out of the back gate in my Cobra. He and his group were jogging down the middle of the road with one of them filming. He had quite the collection of cars lining the street around his house and I am sure he probably got fined for not getting them out of the street. We probably have quite a few contacts in common out there.

I agree. The celebrities that fly under the radar are probably why Lucid missed the mark. The Sports team players/owners, celebrity chefs,actors, show headliners, lawyers,specialty doctors, agents, singers, entertainers alone that live in one residential tower is the clientele I would think they are looking at. Summerlin has some amazing communities as does Southern Highlands, and McDonald Ranch, Ascaya atop Black Mountain in Henderson. Seriously, any city that has an executive airport would be on my radar.

I agree, I would think having showroom anywhere in the strip adds authenticity and brand awareness. How they missed Vegas justbfeel Like a blunder.

Understood. On the other hand, the population of Las Vegas is pretty small compared to the markets where Lucid has put its design studios. The good news is that Las Vegas is only a 5 hour drive from Scottsdale and I think even closer/shorter to Los Angeles.

Understood. On the other hand, the population of Las Vegas is pretty small compared to the markets where Lucid has put its design studios. The good news is that Las Vegas is only a 5 hour drive from Scottsdale and I think even closer/shorter to Los Angeles.
3.5 hrs to LA. It's a miss, but I don't think a big one. They already focused opening studios in more affluent areas of which their target audience was located
Vegas, while it has those pockets of affluence, is overall a pretty small market and the EV adoption is only 1.1% for all of Nevada. If you look at the list and from memory, they didn't open a studio anywhere that had less than 2% of EV registrations.

Vegas is not just a market for exposure to the locals. The number of visitors and potential exposure to those who do not live in cities with Studios is immense. Heck, I went to Las Vegas twice in the past year for a convention and once to meet some old college friends. Not one of them live in a city with a Studio and all but one had no idea what Lucid was. I also lived in LV for nine years. I ended up finally getting to a Studio only because we could fit it in during Spring Break. Las Vegas is a missed marketing opportunity. Try living 600+ miles from the closest Studio and see just how easy it is to fit a test drive into normal life.

The Las Vegas market is as much about marketing to Las Vegas residents as it is visitors, if not more.

Lucid inside Cesar's forum shops, go!

I know for fact Hublot fine watch store has 2 shops in Vegas, those 2 shops have best selling volume to rest of their other shops in the world and the buyers are not all Vegas residents. So are many world class brands to cements their luxury status for being on high end of The Strip.

Lucid inside Cesar's forum shops, go!
Cascades would be a great spot for it but Caesar’s would be okay too.

Since it is a studio it is good business decision to set up shop in LV for marketing exposure.

LV resident here. have been lurking on Lucid for a while and was in So Cal last weekend so stopped by the Newport studio. wish i would have had the opportunity to sit in one here in town and been higher in the food chain in my reservation months ago. i really hope they open a studio and/or service center here in the future. vegas i feel like is a great EV town - solar galore. the heat is the biggest downfall cause it reduces the battery life, right? i'm still new to the EV game.

Was told there are 5 other owners/reservations in the area.

Anyway, BRING LUCID TO VEGAS! :)

Back