Key was not in car for update. Problem?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
So apparently with the latest update 2.0.5, your key fob needs to be in the car. Mine was not. Is that a major problem? I really wish they would put these warnings in the app and warn you when you click the update button

So apparently with the latest update 2.0.5, your key fob needs to be in the car. Mine was not. Is that a major problem? I really wish they would put these warnings in the app and warn you when you click the update button
It seems that taking the fob on a 10 minute drive now will update the fob firmware. I don't think loading the software without the fobs will create a problem. I wish there was a way to tell if the fob firmware was updated.

It seems that taking the fob on a 10 minute drive now will update the fob firmware. I don't think loading the software without the fobs will create a problem. I wish there was a way to tell if the fob firmware was updated.
This is similar to how Apple has been handling firmware updates in things like your wireless charging pucks, AirPods, HomePods, etc. These devices with no screens can’t easily present an update interface. So the devices connect to your phone, and the phone updates them when it has a good connection. In some cases, like HomePods, you can force the update to happen within the home app. With other devices, you just have to wait until the phone determines it can do the update safely.

It might be nice for Lucid (eventually) to show the current firmware of your key fobs in the phone app or in the car UI somewhere, so you would know if your fobs were up to date. My guess is that is on their (long) future feature list.

This is similar to how Apple has been handling firmware updates in things like your wireless charging pucks, AirPods, HomePods, etc. These devices with no screens can’t easily present an update interface. So the devices connect to your phone, and the phone updates them when it has a good connection. In some cases, like HomePods, you can force the update to happen within the home app. With other devices, you just have to wait until the phone determines it can do the update safely.

It might be nice for Lucid (eventually) to show the current firmware of your key fobs in the phone app or in the car UI somewhere, so you would know if your fobs were up to date. My guess is that is on their (long) future feature list.
I would like to see the current SW version of the car displayed in the app too, which I am sure is coming, but will be nice to have!

Back