Key Fob not detected after I park for a drop off

hs22

Member

Joined
Nov 17, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
46
Cars
Air Pure AWD DDPro
Referral Code
TEZ92SQZ
This has been happening for a few months but when I park the car for a drop off I get the key fob not detected message when I shift back into drive mode. I don't get that when I get into the car and put the car into drive. It's super annoying for school drop offs because have to enter the PIN when this happens and the PIN entry screen doesn't come up right away. It takes 3-4 drive/park transitions to bring the PIN entry screen up. Any ideas. Does this with new batteries as well.
 
This has been happening for a few months but when I park the car for a drop off I get the key fob not detected message when I shift back into drive mode. I don't get that when I get into the car and put the car into drive. It's super annoying for school drop offs because have to enter the PIN when this happens and the PIN entry screen doesn't come up right away. It takes 3-4 drive/park transitions to bring the PIN entry screen up. Any ideas. Does this with new batteries as well.
How long are you parked? The fob does eventually go to sleep, but you should be able to just gently shake it to wake it up.

Sometimes hitting lock and/or unlock will wake it up again too.

My guess is that’s what’s happening.
 
I am in the valet drop off so it's less than a minute. That's why I am surprised it goes to sleep. I will try shaking it next time.
 
I am in the valet drop off so it's less than a minute. That's why I am surprised it goes to sleep. I will try shaking it next time.
Yeah, that’s odd. Might be the battery, I suppose.
 
Had to try and reproduce since the software team will deny this is a bug. The way to reproduce this is to stop the car and put it in park. Open the driver door and close it. Put car into drive. You will get the key fob not detected message.

Most likely the software team will say this is working as expected :)

cc @marqie
 
I've been experiencing the same thing for the past week or so. I've tried carrying phone, fob, phone+fob but the car prompts me for PIN nearly every time, and I'll get the "no key detected" quite often. The car was also not communicating via mobile network but that seemed to have fixed itself shortly after I reached out to support. I've even had the car lock/power off while I was sitting inside it.
 
Back
Top