Key Fob Inactive

Bob Lahblaw

Verified Owner
Cars
2022 AGT R
Key Fob battery died w/i 24 hours of receiving car. Less than a week later car not responding to key fob. Checked battery, still plenty of juice. But put in a new battery just to be sure. Still no response from car. Tried extra fob that I had not been using. Car responded fine to it. Service is stopping by Mon with a new fob.

However, posting here to double check to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, and if there is something else I should try, before service makes a special trip to my place.

Key Fob battery died w/i 24 hours of receiving car. Less than a week later car not responding to key fob. Checked battery, still plenty of juice. But put in a new battery just to be sure. Still no response from car. Tried extra fob that I had not been using. Car responded fine to it. Service is stopping by Mon with a new fob.

However, posting here to double check to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, and if there is something else I should try, before service makes a special trip to my place.
Unpaired it and repair it and see if that works.

Good suggestion.
Tried it just now, unpaired no problem. Attempted to re-pair, and no success.
But I did readily pair the extra key fob just now with no issue whatsoever. So at the very least, this confirms there is something very wrong with fob #1.

In case a future reader is looking for the steps to pair in the User Manual (took me a moment to find it):
User Manual -> Opening and Closing -> Keyless Entry System -> Using the Mobile Key​

I had the same issue. Service came right out and repaired it. I wasn't home so I don't know what they did, but it works now

Unpaired it and repair it and see if that works.
You can't unpair/re-pair it from the car; Only from a user profile, which is not the same.

It can only be (un)paired with the car by a Lucid service center.

FWIW I have been having the same issue. SC is aware of it & is escalating it.

Wife's fob works as expected. Mine, not so much. Its intermittent.

Got my car yesterday and have this exact issue with one of my key fobs … waiting to hear back … to make matters worse got the new update today and now the app shows vehicle offline

Both keys fobs batteries replaced - within 5 months.

Got my car yesterday and have this exact issue with one of my key fobs … waiting to hear back … to make matters worse got the new update today and now the app shows vehicle offline
FWIW, I have reported a similar issue & engg is supposedly looking into it.

My keyfob works intermittently or not at all. (I put mine in a Faraday box along with other keys since the office is closest to the garage.)
Wife's fob will work on the money.

Side note: When I was on a drive with another Lucid member, he saw the offline message. It concerned him deeply since we were out of cell service, he did not have his fobs, nor his cards & the only option was the phone. The car did not unlock exacerbating the concerns, but it opened. after about 20 seconds. Thereafter he left the window down whenever parked. :). Once he got to cell / data service he did not see it again.

A fix is awaited.

If you set up phone as key, the vehicle does NOT have to be online for the app to open the car; It uses Bluetooth.

If you set up phone as key, the vehicle does NOT have to be online for the app to open the car; It uses Bluetooth.
But then sometimes it may want you to punch in your Pin, therefore memorize it just in case. The code message goes off most times and perhaps it has to do with the car and phone losing Bluetooth connection even when you have the phone in the car. If you have the keyfob on you and not in the Farraday you should be fine.

Yesterday I received a phone call in the car and it connected and showed the detail but there was no sound from the caller or myself. I still had to use my phone. The phone also does not always send the call to the car, just weird. Once I had to punch the button to take the call but on this occasion there was no such choice provided.

Similar issue just happened to me. DE/R, ~6k miles. Keep both fobs in a Faraday box. Sunday night my "regular" fob stopped working; I was not home, I used my phone, had to reset my PIN, but finally got moving. Got home late Sunday, went to bed.
Monday morning I put a new battery in regular fob. Nothing.

So I got my "secondary" fob. I'm the only one who drives the car, but it has been used a few times before.

Didn't work. New battery in secondary fob. Didn't work.

Called Customer Service, they are sending a tech, said I needed new key fobs(??why??) and they are out of stock, so I am currently using my phone and PIN to drive around.

Not the end of the world, but disappointing for sure.

Any thoughts from anyone here on what I could do in the meantime?

If you all didn’t already know apparently you can not use Duracell CR2032 batteries they don’t give off enough charge for the lucid key fob. Energizer works fine.

If you all didn’t already know apparently you can not use Duracell CR2032 batteries they don’t give off enough charge for the lucid key fob. Energizer works fine.
Did not know that. Thank you for the heads up. I bought a bunch and put them in my roadside emergency kit. Guess I will have to check and see what I purchased. Glad my commuter car FOB uses Duracell.

Similar issue just happened to me. DE/R, ~6k miles. Keep both fobs in a Faraday box. Sunday night my "regular" fob stopped working; I was not home, I used my phone, had to reset my PIN, but finally got moving. Got home late Sunday, went to bed.
Monday morning I put a new battery in regular fob. Nothing.

So I got my "secondary" fob. I'm the only one who drives the car, but it has been used a few times before.

Didn't work. New battery in secondary fob. Didn't work.

Called Customer Service, they are sending a tech, said I needed new key fobs(??why??) and they are out of stock, so I am currently using my phone and PIN to drive around.

Not the end of the world, but disappointing for sure.

Any thoughts from anyone here on what I could do in the meantime?
Had similar issue, was the batteries kept replacing until Tech team advised not to use Duracell batteries.

Duracells are known to put out a little less energy in order to last longer. Had a sound man tell me that decades ago. Never knew whether to believe him or not. But I’ve been using Energizers ever since.

Duracells are known to put out a little less energy in order to last longer. Had a sound man tell me that decades ago. Never knew whether to believe him or not. But I’ve been using Energizers ever since.
That’s exactly what the service rep told me I guess they didn’t know why their key fobs were having issues but Duracells out put makes them think it’s dying. Crazy, also wish lucid would have told everyone!!

Back