Key fob issue. I have a '25 Air that I purchased month ago, and have driven 4k miles since (!!). Mostly good. Decided to use just the fobs for keys due to all the issues with using mobile key (phone). They've worked mostly well, or at least as designed. 2 nights ago car said "fob battery low". Having batteries drain quickly is a known issue - I decided to just go ahead and replace both fob batteries. Easy.
Next morning I went to drive car (first time since replacing). fob does nothing. I bring inside, test battery - 2.6volts. I think, hm, maybe put in an old or bad battery. Put in fresh, still doesn't work. This is both fobs BTW - each has low voltage. Car is fine and will open with phone, fob against b pillar, etc. I do more investigating to find out fob is consuming 1-1.5ma when battery is inserted (this is crazy high for tiny battery). Both fobs doing this, also. So...apparently I'd put in good batteries and they'd drained overnight. It's like the fobs are trying to (unsuccessfully) initialize or something.
Anyone else having this? I've tried all the things, checking to make sure battery is placed correctly, making sure contact, and of course, testing inside I'm making sure the contact is correct polarity.
I don't understand how both fobs could go from working to not with a simple battery replacement?
I've talked to national roadside - polite, but no solutions I hadn't tried. Gonna have service look at it in a few days, but this is seriously frustrating as using phone is terrible (as far as I can tell the phone app runs constantly when used as key?) and other solutions are clunky - using app/fob to unlock manually and enter PIN.
Thanks!
Next morning I went to drive car (first time since replacing). fob does nothing. I bring inside, test battery - 2.6volts. I think, hm, maybe put in an old or bad battery. Put in fresh, still doesn't work. This is both fobs BTW - each has low voltage. Car is fine and will open with phone, fob against b pillar, etc. I do more investigating to find out fob is consuming 1-1.5ma when battery is inserted (this is crazy high for tiny battery). Both fobs doing this, also. So...apparently I'd put in good batteries and they'd drained overnight. It's like the fobs are trying to (unsuccessfully) initialize or something.
Anyone else having this? I've tried all the things, checking to make sure battery is placed correctly, making sure contact, and of course, testing inside I'm making sure the contact is correct polarity.
I don't understand how both fobs could go from working to not with a simple battery replacement?
I've talked to national roadside - polite, but no solutions I hadn't tried. Gonna have service look at it in a few days, but this is seriously frustrating as using phone is terrible (as far as I can tell the phone app runs constantly when used as key?) and other solutions are clunky - using app/fob to unlock manually and enter PIN.
Thanks!