Key fob battery usage

Yeah so I did that in the video right that didn’t “unlock the car”
In the video you are holding the card in your hand. There is actually a picture right on the card of how you are supposed to place it directly above the camera. That same procedure is also detailed in the manual. You may want to take a look at these resources before posting incorrect information on Twitter.

In the video you are holding the card in your hand. There is actually a picture right on the card of how you are supposed to place it directly above the camera. That same procedure is also detailed in the manual. You may want to take a look at these resources before posting incorrect information on Twitter.
What did I do that was Incorrect I tried the whole Pilar, no cigar

What did I do that was Incorrect I tried the whole Pilar, no cigar
You do not need to press the door handle when doing it. You simply hold the card in the right spot for a few seconds and the door should unlock or lock. This is something you definitely should know how to do because it is indeed possible that your key fob battery or even phone battery might die and this is the best back up plan.

You do not need to press the door handle when doing it. You simply hold the card in the right spot for a few seconds and the door should unlock or lock. This is something you definitely should know how to do because it is indeed possible that your key fob battery or even phone battery might die and this is the best back up plan.
Yeah I may have to tell service that none of this works when my car is in deep sleep I held my card where you said and it didn’t work. My sure fire things are key fob or tell cell phone app to unlock.

You are well past the point of when you should have contacted service. Contact service. Have them look at it, and teach you how to use the key card.

These fobs are TERRIBLE!!! (or turrable if your Chuck Barkley!) I swear it has to be a problem with the car itself and they are just blaming the fobs. I've had my car for just over a year. I've had at least 4 or 5 different fobs and replaced batteries multiple times. No matter which fob or new battery, I can still be standing at the car for a few seconds....literally AT THE DOOR, before the car unlocks.

It has to be the car's fob sensor or whatever it's called.
I'm with you on this!

Mobile key for the win! Haven’t touched the fob in many months.
Hit and miss for me but still abysmal compared to other car brands.

Ive been using the mobile key for last week or so. Still having issues:

For the first couple of months I had trouble with the key fob = it kept waking up the car, flashing the lights, flapping the door handles, any time I went into the garage. Then after a month or so it stopped: the battery was dead. So I bought a dozen replacement batteries and a key fob Faraday pouch. Problems solved.

Then on Bobby's endorsement I switched to the mobile key on the app. Now the lights flashed and handles flapped from a much greater distance; pretty much anywhere in the house or within 30+ meters in any direction. I thought I had to sign out of the app on my phone to stop it, but my kid showed me that my Lucid app was "on" in the background, even though it wasn't on the screen. He showed me how to "silence" the Lucid app by touching the line at the bottom of my phone (Pixel 5a) screen and dragging it up about 3 cm, then lifting my finger, and it showed all the apps that are running in the background. a slow swipe to the right exposed the "clear all" button, and by pressing that, the Lucid app (and all the others that were active in the background) "closed".

Now I can be "near" (range is about 30 meters or more) the car with my phone without the car "waking up". Neat.

So I put the key fob (in the Faraday pouch), and the spare batteries, in the glove box, for the service people, and use the phone exclusively.

It's important to practice using the wallet key card, and the dead (battery-less) fob on the "B" pillar sensor. The dead fob works the same as the wallet key card = by holding it above the camera on the driver B pillar. It's important to remember your car sign-in code.

But if you are doing valet parking, I give them the fob I keep in the glovebox (in it's Faraday pouch), after checking that it works.

I have to emphasize that the fob eats batteries if you don't use a Faraday pouch. That was the reason I was having "short range & delays" issues = weak / dead battery (or with the bitter coating ).

Anger issues over the key fob is part of the Lucid experience. Enjoy it.

For the first couple of months I had trouble with the key fob = it kept waking up the car, flashing the lights, flapping the door handles, any time I went into the garage. Then after a month or so it stopped: the battery was dead. So I bought a dozen replacement batteries and a key fob Faraday pouch. Problems solved.

Then on Bobby's endorsement I switched to the mobile key on the app. Now the lights flashed and handles flapped from a much greater distance; pretty much anywhere in the house or within 30+ meters in any direction. I thought I had to sign out of the app on my phone to stop it, but my kid showed me that my Lucid app was "on" in the background, even though it wasn't on the screen. He showed me how to "silence" the Lucid app by touching the line at the bottom of my phone (Pixel 5a) screen and dragging it up about 3 cm, then lifting my finger, and it showed all the apps that are running in the background. a slow swipe to the right exposed the "clear all" button, and by pressing that, the Lucid app (and all the others that were active in the background) "closed".

Now I can be "near" (range is about 30 meters or more) the car with my phone without the car "waking up". Neat.

So I put the key fob (in the Faraday pouch), and the spare batteries, in the glove box, for the service people, and use the phone exclusively.

It's important to practice using the wallet key card, and the dead (battery-less) fob on the "B" pillar sensor. The dead fob works the same as the wallet key card = by holding it above the camera on the driver B pillar. It's important to remember your car sign-in code.

But if you are doing valet parking, I give them the fob I keep in the glovebox (in it's Faraday pouch), after checking that it works.

I have to emphasize that the fob eats batteries if you don't use a Faraday pouch. That was the reason I was having "short range & delays" issues = weak / dead battery (or with the bitter coating ).

Anger issues over the key fob is part of the Lucid experience. Enjoy it.
Mobile key operates exactly the same (on iPhone) whether the Lucid app is running in the foreground, background, or not at all. Your children were correct in that you can lift from the bottom of the screen to quit an app but that has no effect on mobile key operation.

As far as I know, the dead fob is best held below the camera as in the video on www.lucidupdates.com. The key card is held above the camera. Have you had luck holding the fob above the camera as well?

Your children were correct in that you can lift from the bottom of the screen to quit an app but that has no effect on mobile key operation.
It does on Android, which he has.

Mobile key operates exactly the same (on iPhone) whether the Lucid app is running in the foreground, background, or not at all. Your children were correct in that you can lift from the bottom of the screen to quit an app but that has no effect on mobile key operation.

I've been "turning off" the mobile key on my Android Pixel 5a for about a year, using the method I've described. You should get an Android phone for your Lucid. This feature is great!
I wonder what Peter uses?

I'll have to tell the wife I'm not letting her put the Lucid app on her i-Jobs phone. She's gotta use the fob.

As far as I know, the dead fob is best held below the camera as in the video on www.lucidupdates.com. The key card is held above the camera. Have you had luck holding the fob above the camera as well?
Huh... guess I have to go visit your site.

It's been so long since I tried the dead fob I forgot where I held it, but I do remember it not working (like the card) when I first tried it...and moving it around the area of the B-pillar camera. Thanks for this. I will test this tomorrow. Still learning the car after 13 mo of ownership.

love your posts Bobby. You have the patience of a saint. All the mods do. I wonder what they say about us in private...

Did I miss a Bobby video on optimizing the mobile key? I have a 15 pro Max but I can’t get it to work reliably.

The manual is silent on this so forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum. Is there supposed to be a cockpit panel warning of low battery for the key fob? I have never seen such an icon on the center cockpit panel. Today after charging at an EA station I unplugged and got in the car. All screens were blank and the horn started to sound. The car did not start until I replaced the battery in the key fob. I have had a dead key fob battery before but never with the horn sounding. Yes, I have the key card. The manual: Even when the key fob battery has died, it is possible to access the car. Press the door handle to lock or unlock the car, then hold the key fob against the driver's side center pillar under the camera area to perform a lock/unlock action.

The manual is silent on this so forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum. Is there supposed to be a cockpit panel warning of low battery for the key fob? I have never seen such an icon on the center cockpit panel. Today after charging at an EA station I unplugged and got in the car. All screens were blank and the horn started to sound. The car did not start until I replaced the battery in the key fob. I have had a dead key fob battery before but never with the horn sounding. Yes, I have the key card. The manual: Even when the key fob battery has died, it is possible to access the car. Press the door handle to lock or unlock the car, then hold the key fob against the driver's side center pillar under the camera area to perform a lock/unlock action.
There used to be one but it was intentionally turned off because it was not reliable. I have no clue if it will be turned back on in the future.

There is supposed to be a warning. But others have reported similar problems. So perhaps the warning is not consistent?

There is a low battery warning that shows up on the left cockpit panel. I think you get a "key not detected" message when the battery is getting low for a while before the low battery message. This happens after you put car in park.

Back