Key Fob Battery Low

I replaced mine recently because it wasn’t opening the doors. My guess? Just a bad batch. Was only a few bucks at the local Target. :)

All the information you need is in the Owner's Manual. I have copied it here, in case you can't find it:

The key fob battery is type CR2032 and
will need occasional replacement. The vehicle alerts you with a ‘Keyfob Battery Low’ message on the instrument cluster.
Note: Replace a low key fob battery as soon as possible to avoid complications with the vehicle systems.
To replace the key fob battery:

1. Remove the battery cover.
page26image52849632

2. Remove the old battery.
page26image52850256

3. Avoid touching the flat surfaces of the new battery if possible, as fingermarks can reduce battery life.
4. Wipe the battery clean before installation.
5. Fit the battery with the “+” side facing upwards.
6. Replace the battery cover.
Environmental: Used batteries must be disposed of correctly, as they contain harmful substances. Please refer to local regulations.

Dead Key fob Battery
Even when the key fob battery has died, it
is possible to access the car. Press the door handle to lock or unlock the car, then hold
the key fob against the driver's side center pillar under the camera area to perform a lock/ unlock action.
PIN to Drive
When accessing the vehicle with a dead key fob or valet card, drivers are prompted for the PIN associated with their driver profile. After pressing the brake pedal, drivers will see the following in the Pilot Panel.
After entering a valid PIN, drivers can operate the vehicle until the driver's door opens again, resetting authentication.
After 21 unsuccessful attempts, the driver cannot enter the PIN code for a time-out period of 2 hours. For instructions about resetting the PIN, please see PIN Reset.
page27image63334720
page27image52796320

Ironically, mine started showing the notice - so like a good boy I changed the battery.

I still get the low battery notification :(

so while it might be a bad batch for Luicd, looks like my personal stash is also suffering from age. Time to get the multimeter out

My key fob battery was dead on day 1 of delivery, super disappointing

My key fob battery was dead on day 1 of delivery, super disappointing
Supply chain constraints must have Lucid going through the trash and finding old batteries to put into the fobs 😂

Supply chain constraints must have Lucid going through the trash and finding old batteries to put into the fobs 😂
No, The batteries are being taken from all the Silver Airs hidden in the basement at the factory.

replaced all mine shortly after delivery too (last November) have not had any issues since. figured they were old and probably cheap batteries...

replaced all mine shortly after delivery too (last November) have not had any issues since. figured they were old and probably cheap batteries...
I just replaced original Duracell with new Duracell.

D8B36AFE-2B49-416E-B33F-626B1B3C74E3.jpeg

Back