Keep it or Cancel it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

astondb10

Got the Legacy Pricing. Time to configure Air Touring.

Dreamdrive Pro is huge disappointment. One of the must have(s).
Worried about safety concerns like fire etc. --- Limited number of vehicles delivered
Stealth is extra 6K for no solid reason and delays the configuration...thus losing 7500 tax credit

Friends suggest me to take the car and sell it for quick profit in 3 months. I think the prices have already fallen for Lucid cars on cars.com. so, i doubt if we can make profit of this reservation.

Loved the style of the car. Interiors are good but nothing comparable to BMW i7

Suggestions/advice?

As someone about working through the last steps to get ready for delivery, I would encourage you to strongly go over your reasons of why you want the car, other cars available on the market, and any other factors. Only you can make the choice.

EVs have a significantly lower rate of catching fire versus ICE counterparts. No, I do not have the study on hand. Do your own research to feel comfortable. Keep ratios in mind. A few months back there were reports of Teslas being unsafe because of Auto Pilot with the highest number of crashes with Driver Assistance Features activated during impact... or something along those lines. The stats looked pretty bad until you looked at total number of crashes of Teslas versus other automakers. Teslas had the lowest reported percentage of crashes and rate highly for safety, despite Auto Pilot incidents.

It’s an expensive car. You don’t need it. There is no logical justification for it.
My daily drive for years has been an older Mercedes S65. It’s a really stupid car with no justification for its existence but I smile every time I get in it and start it up. I’m looking forward to enjoying the Lucid for the same reason I enjoy the S65 (but without the V12 sound). I can’t really justify it but that’s not the point!

Worried about safety concerns like fire etc. --- Limited number of vehicles delivered
Stealth is extra 6K for no solid reason and delays the configuration...thus losing 7500 tax credit

Friends suggest me to take the car and sell it for quick profit in 3 months. I think the prices have already fallen for Lucid cars on cars.com. so, i doubt if we can make profit of this reservation.

Suggestions/advice?
This is a driving car, as in it is an incredible experience to drive it. So much so you will make excuses to go for a drive. If this is what you are looking for then you should think about getting it.

This car is so enjoyable to drive that once your are in it, many fears melt away. I do worry about things , except for fires, which honestly are not a frequent issue with EVs unless they are submerged in salt water after a hurricane .😁
I don’t think Dream drive pro is that much of a disappointment , it has plenty of useful features.
The software has come so far along it’s like a different car.
There seems to be 2 main reasons that people gravitate to buying the :software related versus driving pleasure/ range . On the Lucid, the driving dynamics and feeling of bliss while moving down the road is it’s forte. The software is great also, but still has room for improvement.
You mentioned the interior.I think it’s the perfect balance of luxury and simplicity and it’s incredibly comfortable to sit in for extended periods.
Just move forward and enjoy the car.

This car is so enjoyable to drive that once your are in it, many fears melt away. I do worry about things , except for fires, which honestly are not a frequent issue with EVs unless they are submerged in salt water after a hurricane .😁
I don’t think Dream drive pro is that much of a disappointment , it has plenty of useful features.
The software has come so far along it’s like a different car.
There seems to be 2 main reasons that people gravitate to buying the :software related versus driving pleasure/ range . On the Lucid, the driving dynamics and feeling of bliss while moving down the road is it’s forte. The software is great also, but still has room for improvement.
You mentioned the interior.I think it’s the perfect balance of luxury and simplicity and it’s incredibly comfortable to sit in for extended periods.
Just move forward and enjoy the car.
Perfect. 100% agree. Remember, the negative voices on the Internet are always the minority people I have met several people who are very satisfied with this car I don’t even know that this form exists.

If you can afford it, really just go for it! If not, don’t let it cause financial issue to other aspects of life.

For me, this is the best sedan on the market minor software experience which is constantly improving lately. This car doesn’t just make me smile all the time, it wow my passengers who don’t know about this brand, especially Tesla owners.

Perfect. 100% agree. Remember, the negative voices on the Internet are always the minority people I have met several people who are very satisfied with this car I don’t even know that this form exists.

This is very true. As I am now at the payment stage, I need to be reminded of this, thanks!

This is very true. As I am now at the payment stage, I need to be reminded of this, thanks!
Excellent. As others said, if you can afford it, buy it and enjoy it. You will lose money if you try to flip it.

Suggestions/advice?
You will likely take a loss if you try to flip.

For me the combination of performance and range makes this the only EV I would buy.

Despite some people having significant issues, I’m over 13k miles with the car being dependable and a joy to drive.
If your ok with 300 mile range and 4 seconds to 60, which is by ICE standard very fast, get the i7.
The software is not perfect, but well ahead of Lucid.

Suggestions/advice?
Echoing others on the advice of don't buy just to flip it. This worked when the car market was tight, but it is loosening. You might think the $7500 tax credit will give you a buffer, but it won't. Take a look at Cars.com to see what prices lightly used Air GT's are selling for and compare to their original purchase prices. Include your local taxes in on that "out the door price", because you will have to recoup those.

For instance
Fully loaded Touring - cost = $113,425 (old pricing)
Tax & DMV estimated at 10% = $11,343
Out the door price = $124,768
Less $7,500 tax credit - $117,268

Thus you will need to sell for no less than $117,268 to just break even. The only saving grace is that a fully loaded Touring with current prices is ~126,000. For comparison, one fellow on the forums just got a GT for ~ $120,000 with less than 5,000 miles on it. On Cars.com, there is a private seller in Washington state with a black GT on sale for $119,000 with only 600 miles on it. Many more are listed for $130,000 or less. What do you think you will actually be able to sell your Touring for?

Will you be able to compete with lightly used GT's (that have 200 hp more and 100 miles more range) that are selling for $25,000 less than a new one via current MSRP?

If you don't want the car, just walk! If you do want it, get it and enjoy the drive!

Thank you each one of you for your comments and guidance. Power of community and good citizens! Thanks for helping me to decide. I have placed the order for the Air Touring. Thanks for your time
You are most welcome. For myself, I started to get concerned about my financials for 2023/24 and opted to cancel my order. With news of Lucid launching a midsized model in the 2025 timeframe, for a target starting price at 50k, I’ll likely jump on this car when the opportunity arises.

Interestingly, Late Availability options are no longer late. I have configured the car with NO DDP and Pro Sound options for late delivery. Just got an email that the car will be ready very soon and asking me to finalize the rest of the paperwork. Its a good news because i can use $7500 tax credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back