Just Saw in Denver Studio

SinSantaFe

Cars
2020 Tesla Model 3
I've got orders in for a Touring and a Tesla Model S and X and Rivian R1T, figuring I'd have time to make a final decision and wind up with two of those (the Rivian being one, as I'd like a pickup). I had thought I'd go with a Tesla primarily because of the Super Charger network, but the build quality issues and poor customer service had me worried. So, after spending the summer up in Canada I set up an appointment at the Lucid Denver Studio on my way back to Santa Fe. I've got to say that I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and quality of the Lucid. It looks so much better in person. The sales representative I spoke to, Nicholas, was very knowledgeable and able to answer any question I threw at him. Perhaps the best thing is that my wife (who doesn't care all that much for y Tesla Model 3) who was skeptical of Lucid due to its limited history, was also impressed. She loved the dashboard setup so much more than the minimalistic design of the Tesla. As I didn't have time to go for a drive, as we still had 400 miles to go back home, my main concern was about how easy it would be for a 6'1" old guy to get in and out of the car. As with my Tesla, I'll have to back in but once in, I found the car very spacious. The only qualms I have are (1) shallow opening for the trunk. While luggage will fit fine, if you have a large box for instance, I think the only way to get it into the car would be through the rear doors, and (2) the lack of air suspension, so the car can't be adjusted for different/rough road conditions (I live down a dirt and gravel road which can often scrape the bottom of cars coming to visit). Bottom line though, is that the Lucid is now my top choice instead of either Tesla.

Reactions: NPN
I've got orders in for a Touring and a Tesla Model S and X and Rivian R1T, figuring I'd have time to make a final decision and wind up with two of those (the Rivian being one, as I'd like a pickup). I had thought I'd go with a Tesla primarily because of the Super Charger network, but the build quality issues and poor customer service had me worried. So, after spending the summer up in Canada I set up an appointment at the Lucid Denver Studio on my way back to Santa Fe. I've got to say that I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and quality of the Lucid. It looks so much better in person. The sales representative I spoke to, Nicholas, was very knowledgeable and able to answer any question I threw at him. Perhaps the best thing is that my wife (who doesn't care all that much for y Tesla Model 3) who was skeptical of Lucid due to its limited history, was also impressed. She loved the dashboard setup so much more than the minimalistic design of the Tesla. As I didn't have time to go for a drive, as we still had 400 miles to go back home, my main concern was about how easy it would be for a 6'1" old guy to get in and out of the car. As with my Tesla, I'll have to back in but once in, I found the car very spacious. The only qualms I have are (1) shallow opening for the trunk. While luggage will fit fine, if you have a large box for instance, I think the only way to get it into the car would be through the rear doors, and (2) the lack of air suspension, so the car can't be adjusted for different/rough road conditions (I live down a dirt and gravel road which can often scrape the bottom of cars coming to visit). Bottom line though, is that the Lucid is now my top choice instead of either Tesla.
I'm in my mid 50s, slightly on the heavier side & 6'.

On more than one occasion, my a$$ has led the way into the car, especially if there is space to open doors fully. If in the garage, I become a contortionist (helps to know my age and reminds me I need to stretch more often).

But once in the saddle, you forget all the aches/pains & its just a beautiful machine to drive. With a smile.

I can load up my MTB (650b tires) or gravel bike with front wheel off. No sweat. Yes. the opening is 'different'; but if you are serious hatchback style user, this will not work for you. O/wise its great. Lots of cargo space.

Go for it. You will not be sorry.

I'm in my mid 50s, slightly on the heavier side & 6'.

On more than one occasion, my a$$ has led the way into the car, especially if there is space to open doors fully. If in the garage, I become a contortionist (helps to know my age and reminds me I need to stretch more often).

But once in the saddle, you forget all the aches/pains & its just a beautiful machine to drive. With a smile.

I can load up my MTB (650b tires) or gravel bike with front wheel off. No sweat. Yes. the opening is 'different'; but if you are serious hatchback style user, this will not work for you. O/wise its great. Lots of cargo space.

Go for it. You will not be sorry.
+1 I am 77 with an arthritic hip. But I did my usual swivel at the Design studio and it was no different than getting in my BMW. Stick my rear in, swivel and go.

Yep, so at least 3 of us back in and swivel around. Not the most graceful entry (unless your passenger enjoys watching your butt), but it works! ;o)

Back