Just received my vin

When did you pre-order and when did you confirm?

Thinking I may finally order an a GT. Curious what current wait times are like compared to when I last looked a few months ago.

Thinking I may finally order an a GT. Curious what current wait times are like compared to when I last looked a few months ago.
Depends on when Lucid is going to release the log jam in production. There are many of us who confirmed back in November and received VINs back in April. Those cars are still in production at Casa Grande. I would say that if you actually ordered today, it would be AT LEAST 4 months.

Depends on when Lucid is going to release the log jam in production. There are many of us who confirmed back in November and received VINs back in April. Those cars are still in production at Casa Grande. I would say that if you actually ordered today, it would be AT LEAST 4 months.
Yeah that's about what I was figuring. I'm trying to decide between the air and the Rivian, which likely has an even longer lead time (and it'd be a 2nd truck considering I have to keep my existing half ton for towing, and it's use-case would be very diminished outside of towing, which is a bummer. And is why I'm considering the Air again, although it costs quite a bit more and I feel Lucid is more risky for long-term survivability as a company than Rivian is).

Digressing, yeah I figure I'd see the air by year's end probably.

I made the reservation in Oct
Payment confirmed In Dec
Vin 6-10-22

We will see they called me also and said delivery 4 - 6 weeks In Rivera Beach

I definitely would not count on 4-6 weeks out of Riviera Beach. It really depends on how they have changed their inspection procedures. If they have shifted most of them back to Casa Grande, you might have a shot. If not, I see the Service Centers having quite a bit of backlog. I git my VIN on 4/28 and my car is still in production at Casa Grande. It will have to go through Riviera Beach and I would expect there to be many others that will need to do the same. I am at six+ weeks post-VIN and no estimate on when the car will ship to Riviera Beach, let alone deliver to me.

At some point they will switch over from producing GTs to producing Tourings though, right? Unless they are planning to produce 2 trims simultaneously (which they are definitely going to need to be able to do in the future) they must have an internal date where any GT order that comes in after that will be a scheduled for production after they get through the Touring and Pure batches.

At some point they will switch over from producing GTs to producing Tourings though, right? Unless they are planning to produce 2 trims simultaneously (which they are definitely going to need to be able to do in the future) they must have an internal date where any GT order that comes in after that will be a scheduled for production after they get through the Touring and Pure batches.
This is what I've been thinking, too. No matter how much more profit they make per car on a GT, it's going to do more damage to the stock price if they don't ship at least SOME Touring this year. Which means ramping up Touring production, likely alongside existing GT lines, somewhere in Q3, with deliveries starting in Q4 at least. How that impacts deliveries for GTs ordered now, I have no idea. Maybe everything will go smoothly, and they will be able to start cranking them out next to each other relatively quickly.

Nothing we've seen so far suggests that will be the case, though.

Then again, the Tourings they will ship first are just GTs with different motors, front seats, and badges. So maybe it will be a smooth transition?

Meanwhile, the GT-P is supposed to be shipping real soon, too. Has anyone here on the forum stated that they've ordered a GT-P? And if so, has anyone received a confirmation email yet?

When did you pre-order and when did you confirm?

I confirmed late May and was told 2-5 months

When did you pre-order?
Reservation was in Aug of 21 for a Touring. I upgraded and confirmed order for AGT late May of 22. SA told me they assign VINs according to confirmed order.

That must not always be true. I made a deposit in 12/20 for a Touring then upgraded and confirmed to a GT on 5/12/22 and do not have a VIN yet.

Reservation was in Aug of 21 for a Touring. I upgraded and confirmed order for AGT late May of 22. SA told me they assign VINs according to confirmed order.
Thanks for the reply. Pretty cool that you seem to be moving along pretty quickly after upgrading your order.

I think I'm going to end up putting a pre-order in for an AGT soon, and am just wanting to manage my expectations in regards to the order process timeline delivery! So thanks for helping with that

I think you guys may be thinking I have a VIN. I don’t. I was told by the DA, after confirming my order, to expect the car 2-5 months after my order confirmation. I’m still awaiting VIN assignment.

I think you guys may be thinking I have a VIN. I don’t. I was told by the DA, after confirming my order, to expect the car 2-5 months after my order confirmation. I’m still awaiting VIN assignment.
I think the confusion is that this string is titled, “I Just Got My VIN”.

I was told that vins were assigned when the car is actually in production isn't it fun to be a guinea pig I guess we all love the drama and the pain and the excitement of having something new.....

Sorry, my bad. Following so many threads, I thought I was on the one for GT Tracking.
Not your fault. Out of all the dozens of forums I have been a member of over the years this one has more thread drift than any other. Some of the threads here have 3-4 different conversations going on at the same time.😊

Back