• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Jersey Purchases

I actually did get the front license plate on it. I debated but I had a porsche without it and I was stopped once for it and just didn't want to deal with getting stopped again. Just a personal preference. I think that it looks fine to me with the plate holder . You could also consider a license plate wrap which some of the other members have done as well.
Is the wrap legal in NJ? Can you post a picture of what it looks like with front plate?

Is the wrap legal in NJ? Can you post a picture of what it looks like with front plate?
Not sure if it’s legal in NJ but can’t imagine you would get stopped. Here is picture of my car with bracket . Don’t have plate yet.
5786430B-A5DF-4DF6-A74F-3E5434FA7FCE.jpeg

I don’t think so and they would not make you a plate if it wasn’t. Here is the link. Everything they say though is for CA.

Not sure if it’s legal in NJ but can’t imagine you would get stopped. Here is picture of my car with bracket . Don’t have plate yet. View attachment 3370
Thanks for the picture. Is that an EZ pass behind the rear view mirror? I thought it would not work there.

Thanks for the picture. Is that an EZ pass behind the rear view mirror? I thought it would not work there.
Yep. EZ pass works fine there. I believe the original windshields had issues but not the ones being built now. I’ve had no issues with it working.

I‘m a NJ Lucid owner and have a friend who is a state trooper and he said it’s a requirement to have a front license plate and is a $55 fine. I’m thinking about risking it, but I see you mounted the front frame which was given to me at delivery. How did you mount it? I’m nervous about drilling holes into the car

I‘m a NJ Lucid owner and have a friend who is a state trooper and he said it’s a requirement to have a front license plate and is a $55 fine. I’m thinking about risking it, but I see you mounted the front frame which was given to me at delivery. How did you mount it? I’m nervous about drilling holes into the car
I read recently there is a proposal in the assembly to remove NJ front plate requirement. Not sure how much momentum it has. I’m considering the stick on plate replicas I’ve seen mentioned in another thread for when mine finally arrives.https://www.nj.com/news/2022/08/law...hould-ditch-front-license-plates-on-cars.html

New York has the same requirement. My z8 in twelve years has not been stopped once and my first Tesla for five years I was given one warning. No one has bothered me with the lucid for 3 months. You assume your own risk but it appears to be low

You can ask service to install it for you.

I was stopped once in 5 years with my prior car for lack of front plate. I decided to have the front plate applied on my GT and they delivered it with the frame already installed. I'm sure you can ask service to install it if you like.

I am a Touring reservation holder and was invited for the demo. During my test drive, I felt that turnings was very stiff when driving between 0-10 mph and heard screeching sound (may be). Has anyone experienced it? I will be scheduling couple of demos to fully get comfortable as the first time EV owner.
Secondly, does service center paint the calipers to different color? for ex, I ordered white/Tahoe and wanted my calipers to be in red...

Thoughts?

I am a Touring reservation holder and was invited for the demo. During my test drive, I felt that turnings was very stiff when driving between 0-10 mph and heard screeching sound (may be). Has anyone experienced it? I will be scheduling couple of demos to fully get comfortable as the first time EV owner.
Secondly, does service center paint the calipers to different color? for ex, I ordered white/Tahoe and wanted my calipers to be in red...

Thoughts?
I haven't noticed any screeching sounds when turning on my car. Not sure if Service center would paint calipers. You certainly can ask, but I suspect you would need to get this done after delivery at a custom shop. I used a place in Mahwah that does high end cars for my PPF and ceramic and they also do other customizations as well.

Thanks for responding.. Any estimated damage($) on PPF and ceramic coating?

I'm also in NJ and I have been noticing that there are a lot of cars with NJ plates that have no front license plate. For some reason the majority of them are Model X & Y. I'm not going to have them mount the holder on the front of my car.

I just emailed my state
Senator asking him to support the job front plate bill mentioned by tenorcnj and I would urge NJ residents on this forum to do the same.

Over 20 years not running a front plate in NJ. I’ve been stopped once in NYC by a cop having a bad day. Unless you plan on using NYC bridges and tunnels often, don’t bother.

Back