I've ordered my Grant Touring on March 7th and it specifically states "for vehicles not delivered to Lucid locations, additional freight and delivery

JimH

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I ordered my Grand Touring on March 7th and it specifically states "for vehicles not delivered to Lucid locations, additional freight and delivery charges may apply."
It may be a change for new orders...hope not.

Yes, it does, but you should ask Lucid to clarify what it means in your case. I have addressed this more than once with my DA and he said there would be no fee to deliver the car to my home.

I was told there would be an additional fee. Probably depends on distance to a delivery center.

Of course any charge would be on top of the $1500 destination fee. Nice margin on my car's 50 mile trip to the Scottsdale service center :)

That language is probably in there for when they start Pure deliveries. For the GT and DE it's a no brained to deliver to a home, maybe not so much for a Touring or Pure

That language is probably in there for when they start Pure deliveries. For the GT and DE it's a no brained to deliver to a home, maybe not so much for a Touring or Pure
Yes. Would agree with that. But mine is a GT and I was told there would be an additional fee to deliver to my home. I’m about 70 miles from the delivery center.

Not sure it is based on distance from a Service Center. I Am 600 miles from the closest Service Center here in Charlotte. I think the closest is in south Florida.

Yes. Would agree with that. But mine is a GT and I was told there would be an additional fee to deliver to my home. I’m about 70 miles from the delivery center.
Really? You are the first one, I think?, that has been told that, especially being so close..

Really? You are the first one, I think?, that has been told that, especially being so close..
I think if you are close, they are not doing the home delivery, except for a fee. If you are 600 miles away, of course they will deliver it to your home.

I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere (maybe by SA) that if a service center existed and you were within a certain mileage from the center, the expectation was that you'd pick up from there. This may be the case here. But I could have dreamt it.

I live 7 miles from the service center and I was told I could do either home delivery or pick up at the service center with no cost difference.

I am hoping they will deliver in the Houston area. I only live 35 miles from the service center but have no ride to take me there. If I drive a current car there to pick up the Air I have no way to get my other car home.

I live 7 miles from the service center and I was told I could do either home delivery or pick up at the service center with no cost difference.
Wonder if that is because they would just drive it there?

I am hoping they will deliver in the Houston area. I only live 35 miles from the service center but have no ride to take me there. If I drive a current car there to pick up the Air I have no way to get my other car home.
I have a buddy who's a very involved member of the Houston EV community - has an original Roadster, and 2 other Tesla's. Have been talking to him about the Air - maybe he could give you a ride?

Ask, they may send a Lyft to pick you up.

Not sure it is based on distance from a Service Center. I Am 600 miles from the closest Service Center here in Charlotte. I think the closest is in south Florida.
I was told specifically by my DA (in response to my question about shipping costs) on my initial phone call that there would be NO CHARGE for delivery to my home. I'm in the Charlotte area and he said the GT would be delivered from Houston, Chicago, or FL. They deliver the cars to a service center who do a final set up/checkout before shipping to my home via third party shipper. These 3 service centers are the closest ones to Charlotte and all are like 700 miles or more from Charlotte. So if somebody lives closer than 700 miles from a service center and is told they would have to pay for shipping, then somebody is not being truthful or is misinformed, or Lucid is not being fair about shipping charges.

I really do not think there will be a delivery charge unless, like some have said above, the purchaser lives close enough to a Service Center that a Home delivery is frivolous.

My DA told me the same thing that yours did, no delivery charge for a home delivery for us.

Got my AGT last week. Am 500 miles from Seattle. No delivery charge above the 1500 for trucking it to me. To my door it came with someone to teach me. Nice service.

Back