Issue With Tidal

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I created a Playlist of Dolby Atmos music on Tidal. When playing music back for whatever reason rear speakers get nothing. If I go to audio in settings balance is greyed out and unavailable?? However in other modes (Radio, Tuned In) balance works fine. Even when listening to the lady on the Navigation I can move balance forward and back but not in Tidal. The Dolby Atmos shows up in white but only the front speakers work?? Anybody else experiencing this?

I recently got my AGT and created a number of playlists on Tidal. Had my first chance to play some atmos tunes in the car this morning. Atmos tunes are playing but no sound comes out yet with non atmos tunes play fine. I have all the recent updates and I thought they were supposed to take care of the Tidal issue. Any suggestions?

I was listening to the Ultimate Christmas Dolby Atmos playlist https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/8f191b3c-bedd-496f-aba4-92c3d50d4140 And can definitely hear music playing behind me for certain tracks. Dolby Atmos tracks sounded "wider" and have more layers in general. Btw, my balance was set to the middle, and I was enable to adjust the balance. Will double check that later as well.

I've had Atmos systems at home for 6 years. One system in a smallish room with carpeting and other sound absorbing stuff; has a lower (7' ceiling). Using a Denon avr with Pioneer Atmos speaker and HSU sub (5.2.4). Immersive. Playing CDs through an OPPO DVD decoder and the Denon has an Atmos format as well. The other system is in a very large space (9000 cubic feet) with glass and tile and very tall ceilings. 7.2.6 set up. same speakers (2 subs) and same avr. I've used a series of songs to test and compare systems. Easy to do between home systems with the same CD set up to understand the nuances that are different in different spaces. More difficult to compare this to Tidal in the car. After listening for a few hours in the car, my first impressions are that the bass isn't as powerful (to be expected) and the sound is a little cleaner. Basically a different experience but just as appealing in a different way.

I've had Atmos systems at home for 6 years. One system in a smallish room with carpeting and other sound absorbing stuff; has a lower (7' ceiling). Using a Denon avr with Pioneer Atmos speaker and HSU sub (5.2.4). Immersive. Playing CDs through an OPPO DVD decoder and the Denon has an Atmos format as well. The other system is in a very large space (9000 cubic feet) with glass and tile and very tall ceilings. 7.2.6 set up. same speakers (2 subs) and same avr. I've used a series of songs to test and compare systems. Easy to do between home systems with the same CD set up to understand the nuances that are different in different spaces. More difficult to compare this to Tidal in the car. After listening for a few hours in the car, my first impressions are that the bass isn't as powerful (to be expected) and the sound is a little cleaner. Basically a different experience but just as appealing in a different way.
Yes, the sound is cleaner. Because I listen to electronic music a lot. So, I had the EQ set to bass +6. It sounds perfect to me know, also I can feel the subwoofer vibrating around the dead panel beside the break.

Yes, the sound is cleaner. Because I listen to electronic music a lot. So, I had the EQ set to bass +6. It sounds perfect to me know, also I can feel the subwoofer vibrating around the dead panel beside the break.
Thanks for the tip. It will take a while to do the fine turning. Doing a coast drive this week from Seattle to the desert. After 5 days I should hopefully figure most of it out.

Back