Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Full recall text:

Recall 228 : 22V324000 : HYUNDAI IS INITIATING A SAFETY RECALL TO ADDRESS A CONDITION INVOLVING THEPARKING ACTUATOR SYSTEM IN CERTAIN 2022 MODEL YEAR HYUNDAI IONIQ 5 VEHICLES IN THE U.S. AND CANADA. HYUNDAI IS INITIATING THIS ACTION TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ITS VEHICLES FOR HYUNDAI CUSTOMERS. : THE SHIFT-BY-WIRE SYSTEM IN THE SUBJECT VEHICLES CONTAINS A SHIFTER CONTROL UNIT ("SCU") AND ELECTRONIC PARKING PAWL ACTUATOR. A VOLTAGE FLUCTUATIONMAY OCCUR WITH THE VEHICLE OFF AND IN THE PARK (P) POSITION, WHICH COULD IMPACT THE COMMAND SIGNAL FROM THE SCU TO THE PARKING ACTUATOR, RESULTING IN MOMENTARY DISENGAGEMENT OF THE PARKING PAWL AND POTENTIAL VEHICLE ROLLAWAY. VEHICLE ROLLAWAY AFTER PARKING INCREASES THE RISK OF A CRASH AND/OR INJURIES. : REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE :Recall Incomplete : May 11, 2022

No sales of the vehicle while this recall is in place. Hmm...

It's quite difficult to buy an Ioniq 5 in my area, near the highest density of EVs in California. I've only seen two Ioniq 5's in person ever, same as the number of Airs I've come across.

The Ioniq 5 has also had a number of software issues, including heating problems and bricking the car. I think most have been resolved by now.

No preconditioning either...yet...

Looks like it only affects cars mfg oct,21 - apr,22

Software fix now reported by dealers, should be updated on Hyundai website by tomorrow.

Just in time, I pick mine up next week.

Back