Intermittent wiper issues?

Why can't it just rain at a constant rate? That would make life much easier.

I initially didn’t see this thread, so I posted a separate thread, but I’m also finding out the sensitivity of the rain sensor is inadequate, and a significant amount of rain accumulates on the windshield, (especially when it is a slow drizzle)to the point that it obstructs the view before triggering the auto wipers. Then you only have a choice of the high or low continuous modes, but there is no intermittent mode that you can set directly on the screen. That should definitely be added. But does Lucid even read this? And is this discussion serving as feedback for their engineers or do we need to be contacting the company directly?
Did you get a coating of anything similar to RainX on your windshield? It does wonders.

Did you get a coating of anything similar to RainX on your windshield? It does wonders.
I'm using this one.
Inexpensive, very easy to apply and lasts 2-3 months.
The drawback, all of these coatings work on higher traveling speeds only.

There has been a lot of discussion about the wipers. As always, my opinion is the more options for the driver the better. I would like to see several levels of rain sensing and several levels of intermittent. It seems like the simplest way would be to change the interface to something like this (excuse the bad photoshop work):
IMG_4259 new Large.jpeg

Yes. I also have a problem in that I can't get the intermittent wipers to work as it should.

Either too fast, normal or not at all. No intermittent.

Put the wipers back on the stalk where they belong.

Sometimes getting rid buttons causes problems where there was none before.

I agree with Bobby. Have the software allow a range of intermittent.

I have them set on auto low and note there is some lag with light rain which I supplement with manual prods, but drove through torrential rain without problem.

I have them set on auto low and note there is some lag with light rain which I supplement with manual prods, but drove through torrential rain without problem.
Torrential rain is not the problem. Low and high work fine. Intermittent is either laggy or non existent.

There has been a lot of discussion about the wipers. As always, my opinion is the more options for the driver the better. I would like to see several levels of rain sensing and several levels of intermittent. It seems like the simplest way would be to change the interface to something like this (excuse the bad photoshop work):View attachment 12514
Love it! Sans your photoshop skills :) (which are better than mine)

My rain sensors have been working great and 99% of the time I'm using auto low, and it does a great job. I also have ceramic coating. No issues.

Back