Interesting Demographics of U.S. EV Ownership

This article demonstrates perfectly the fact that what citizens want and what state governments prioritize are completely out of whack at times.

Given this finding, there should be robust EV charging infrastructure in every state. Not just the ones who voted for this person or that. I guarantee EV adoption would be a lot higher in states like Wyoming if the state invested in making ownership more viable. Investment in public charging, state tax incentives for leasing, purchase, and home charging installation would get those numbers up across the country. And benefit all of us who like to road trip out of our own states every now and then.

Yes yes yes. It is quite challenging for me to take long road trips in Idaho; not impossible, just a tad nerve wracking . When there are charging stations every 50 or 100 miles, I will be ecstatic . There are places in my state that are very difficult if not impossible to get to with an EV, especially remote mountain areas. All that being said, so happy I bought the car because it’s just a damn hoot to drive. There is a ton of EV hate here; I see it and hear it every day; completely irrational. I think some of that hate will dissipate with a robust charging network. It cannot come soon enough.

Last edited:
I had to look up every one of those acronyms! I guess I'm OOTL.
I was kinda going with it hoping they were right 🫣😂
Tfti - my son usually says thanks for the invite but info works better. 🤣

I was kinda going with it hoping they were right 🫣😂
Tfti - my son usually says thanks for the invite but info works better. 🤣
Words cannot express how much you guys are confusing me with these acronyms I have no idea about lol

Gen Z ALWAYS decides if its cool or not!! 🤣

Last edited:
"A 2023 Gallup poll found that 71% of Republicans would not consider buying an electric vehicle, compared with 17% of Democrats. Similarly, a 2023 Pew Research survey found that 70% of Republican or Republican-leaning Americans were unlikely to consider one."

"A 2023 Gallup poll found that 71% of Republicans would not consider buying an electric vehicle, compared with 17% of Democrats. Similarly, a 2023 Pew Research survey found that 70% of Republican or Republican-leaning Americans were unlikely to consider one."
yawn!

Not sure where you live but states like CA are making EV ownership very expensive and difficult. Charging at home costs as much as gas unless you spent $50k on a solar system, and now CA has made solar systems useless too! I’m tempted to just go back to a Dino oil burning V8 super saloon like an M5 or CT5-V after my lease is up lol.
many states are charging absurdly high registration/road use taxes in lieu of fuel taxes.

Yes, EVs have become absurdly political. In my workplace, an individual who I know very superficially , started to berate the whole concept of EV adoption , while discussing a completely unrelated topic. I listened intently, smiled and then proceeded to show him a photo of my car and to debunk most of what he said. I never liked the guy anyway. His viewpoint is pervasive here and it gets a bit exhausting to be constantly exposed to it.

Yes, EVs have become absurdly political. In my workplace, an individual who I know very superficially , started to berate the whole concept of EV adoption , while discussing a completely unrelated topic. I listened intently, smiled and then proceeded to show him a photo of my car and to debunk most of what he said. I never liked the guy anyway. His viewpoint is pervasive here and it gets a bit exhausting to be constantly exposed to it.
why would you engage with the guy?
you stated that you didn't like him to begin with.
I am willing to talk about EVs to anyone but if they start with reply with nonsense I end the conversation.

Words cannot express how much you guys are confusing me with these acronyms I have no idea about lol

Gen Z ALWAYS decides if its cool or not!! 🤣
Gen X was the start of cool. Perfect example: LOL
😂

I am willing to talk about EVs to anyone but if they start with reply with nonsense I end the conversation.

As I said, we were discussing something unrelated to EVs and unrelated to anything political , and then he rather abruptly changed the topic to EVs. Was not even remotely my intention to engage with him on this topic, but it happened, so I listened politely and then responded accordingly. He had no idea I was an enthusiast , so it was quite entertaining.

Anyway, I guess my point was that I regularly experience and I am often exposed to fervent anti-EV attitudes where I live. Most of what I hear is absurd .

If the US would increase the production of a reliable non-Tesla network, I think a lot of these fears and arguments would dissipate; at least that is my hope.

These were poll results. The article posted on this thread cross-matched car registrations to party affiliations registered with government voting offices. It was the robustness of data collected by this method that caught my attention.

Because we need to keep trying. I have two golfing buddies from across the country: one is a conservative Republican lobbyist, the other is a liberal Democratic lobbyist. They are best friends. We need to dialogue with folks who don't agree with us.

I am old but I remember when compromise was considered a desirable process and Republicans and Democrats were able to work together. If we don't keep talking, we will never get back to that.

Because we need to keep trying. I have two golfing buddies from across the country: one is a conservative Republican lobbyist, the other is a liberal Democratic lobbyist. They are best friends. We need to dialogue with folks who don't agree with us.
there is dialog and there is talking to a wall, you made your co-worker out to being a wall

I didn’t buy my Lucid because it was an EV, I bought it because it’s a great car and much better than what I came from. Not interested in politics. If the next big improvement has an internal combustion engine than so be it, that’s what I’ll buy. But I would be surprised if it wasn’t another EV.

Back