Infotainment System

24jlucid

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Any rumors whether the infotainment center will receive a future update equipping our vehicles with an internet browser, Netflix, Disney+ or other cool app features?

These are nice features in other EV’s and I’d like these in the Air or Gravity as well.

IMHO they're just gimmicks in other vehicles, electric or otherwise - if I needed such things in the car I'd just take an iPad. Each to their own, though :)

Our Teslas came with a web browser that to this day, is still slow and glitchy, and pretty much unuseable. I’ve forgotten that we have the web browser in our cars.

The youtube function works, sometimes, and only for a little while. Eventually the app will hang, and you have to exit it and start it up all over again.

I haven’t played with the other entertainment options in our Teslas. Some of the games, and the “roaring fireplace” option seem pretty cool, though. However I can do without the junior-high fart sounds.

I don’t really miss having Tesla’s plethora of infotainment options in my Lucid. Instead of cranking out more infotainment options I’d prefer Lucid use its limited resources to do something with those fourteen or so cameras in our cars, like some kind of Dashcam of Sentry system -just like in our Teslas.

Any rumors whether the infotainment center will receive a future update equipping our vehicles with an internet browser, Netflix, Disney+ or other cool app features?

These are nice features in other EV’s and I’d like these in the Air or Gravity as well.
I highly doubt it. Phones and tablets are so much better at this.

Back