Incomplete Charging

LucidAT-KC

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I have a Lucid Air Touring. Delivery date 4/2/2023. I have a 220 hook up in the garage. When I get home I plug the car in every night. I have the charge limit set at 80%. In the past, the next morning the car would always be charged to 80%. However, for the past several weeks, the next morning the charging has stopped well short of 80%. Often it has charged for only an hour or two and then stopped. Any idea why this is happening?

Here it has stopped charging at 195 miles for no reason. Well short of 80%

Attachments

• IMG_6BC141E1F21D-1.webp
    IMG_6BC141E1F21D-1.webp
    40 KB · Views: 36
What’s the setup?
If the charging is done via a plug-receptacle set up, it could be a bad receptacle (substandard). Could be a loose connection.

Here it has stopped charging at 195 miles for no reason. Well short of 80%

Do you find the charger blinking red if you happens to catch it after it stopped charging? That error code (number of blinks) indicates the specific fault. As @EVCar mentioned, it most likely due to a low quality NEMA outlet and it is a fire hazard. Do you know if this a homedepot or Lowe’s NEMA? If so, try changing it to a Hubble or Bryant. A friend my mine in Texas had this same issue and changing the NEMA to Bryant fixed it for good.

I have a 220 that was installed in my garage initially for a Tesla I owned prior to getting my Lucid. It was put in by a Tesla certified electrician.

Attachments

• IMG_6540.webp
    IMG_6540.webp
    217.2 KB · Views: 43
Do you find the charger blinking red if you happens to catch it after it stopped charging? That error code (number of blinks) indicates the specific fault. As @EVCar mentioned, it most likely due to a low quality NEMA outlet and it is a fire hazard. Do you know if this a homedepot or Lowe’s NEMA? If so, try changing it to a Hubble or Bryant. A friend my mine in Texas had this same issue and changing the NEMA to Bryant fixed it for good.
NEMA, Hubble, Bryant. I have no idea what you are talking about.

NEMA, Hubble, Bryant. I have no idea what you are talking about.

The outlet where the charger is plugged in. That is a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

Here is one that my fiend used to fix the issue. It is pretty easy for an electrician to switch out, if you don’t want to DIY.

Back