If available, would you prefer monochromatic roof paint or two-tone like currently offered?

Would you prefer same roof and body color paint or two tone paint with platinum/stealth roof

• One tone

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Two tone

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters

Dr Chill

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I much prefer the monochromatic look of my metal roof Touring to the two tone roof of my first Lucid Air. If you had the ability to order the car with glass canopy with single or two tone, which would you choose?

I would have liked a black roof with my stellar white
Just get a wrap! ;)

20230306_184228.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

The two tone combined with the glass canopy roof just rocks with great style. The Santa Cruz interior carries along the theme to great effect. Such style showcases this vehicle is a market disruptor in all respects and Lucid is not shy in making that statement.

I'm looking to wrap my roof too. What color/brand did you go for? Did you PPF over the wrap?
My installer recommended that I wrap and then PPF over the wrap to maximize the wrap‘s useful life. The reason given to wrap with black vinyl over using black ppf in a one step process is that the wrap is only around 2 mil thick and can cover more of the tight spaces and get underneath them easier and more fully than black ppf can(XPEL’s top of the line PPF is around 10 mils thick). It helps ensure a better result, albeit at a greater cost.

I like the two-tone. Looks distinctive and stands out from other cars.

My installer recommended that I wrap and then PPF over the wrap to maximize the wrap‘s useful life. The reason given to wrap with black vinyl over using black ppf in a one step process is that the wrap is only around 2 mil thick and can cover more of the tight spaces and get underneath them easier and more fully than black ppf can(XPEL’s top of the line PPF is around 10 mils thick). It helps ensure a better result, albeit at a greater cost.
Thanks for the insight! I'm in talks with an installer too and they also recommend PPF over wrap for the same reason as well as increased lifespan of wrap. I'm currently divided between doing either a satin black roof or a gloss black roof. Did you do a gloss black roof?

Thanks for the insight! I'm in talks with an installer too and they also recommend PPF over wrap for the same reason as well as increased lifespan of wrap. I'm currently divided between doing either a satin black roof or a gloss black roof. Did you do a gloss black roof?
My installer said the same thing regarding useful life with PPF over vinyl. And, yes, I did do the gloss black and tinted the side and rear windows. Honestly, the gloss black goes well with the roof and tinted windows. But, it’s a chocolate vs vanilla ice cream issue. No wrong answer, just a matter of personal taste and preference.

Good luck with you choice. I’m sure it will look great in the end.

Two tone because it means you have something going on and it demands attention.

Food for thought. I used DYNOblack Paint Protection Film (PPF) from STEK for my roof and chrome delete.

Back