I think this is an EA problem. Do you agree?

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
A question for you more experienced owners... I was charging at an EA 350 kW station this morning, and I got a charging error message telling me to unplug and replug the charger. I did so successfully, but ended up getting the same error message two more times before I was able to charge from 35% to my limit of 80%. Unfortunately, I was not able to switch chargers at the time.

I'm inclined to think it is purely an EA issue, and Customer Service agreed so after a brief chat, but as my next charging sessions will be on a road trip, I thought I'd ask if anyone else might have experienced similar messages, only to find that it was an issue with the car.

I charge at EA almost exclusively, and have never had this particular issue, but as I'm sure you know, EA chargers can sometimes be a bit 'quirky'.

Thanks!

the answer is yes I have had the exact same thing on occasion ever since I have had my Air GT with manufacture date 10/22. I have had it happen with my Lucid home charger as well but usually it happens if I plug in just as I am awakening the car but have had this occur at EA's though much less lately comparted to last year.
Service in Natick MA at my first service did not think it was the car ( Wonderbox) . I have never been unable to charge but did need to do a soft reset a few times for the error at EA but never at home where just a quick unplug and replug worked. I plan for service to double check this at my upcoming service in November.

the answer is yes I have had the exact same thing on occasion ever since I have had my Air GT with manufacture date 10/22. I have had it happen with my Lucid home charger as well but usually it happens if I plug in just as I am awakening the car but have had this occur at EA's though much less lately comparted to last year.
Service in Natick MA at my first service did not think it was the car ( Wonderbox) . I have never been unable to charge but did need to do a soft reset a few times for the error at EA but never at home where just a quick unplug and replug worked. I plan for service to double check this at my upcoming service in November.
Thanks for sharing your experience. After the error, all I had to do was pull out the plug, hit 'finish' on the charger's screen, and then plug back in. It reauthorized and began charging again right away.

Interesting
I was told it most likely is a communication issue with EA and the car. They checked the car and found nothing wrong but I still have my doubts as it has happened with home lucid charger as well. As I mentioned this was more frequent occurrence last year and has not happened much recently which I ascribed to EA improving.
Nevertheless I plan on service taking another look at the car

A question for you more experienced owners... I was charging at an EA 350 kW station this morning, and I got a charging error message telling me to unplug and replug the charger. I did so successfully, but ended up getting the same error message two more times before I was able to charge from 35% to my limit of 80%. Unfortunately, I was not able to switch chargers at the time.

I'm inclined to think it is purely an EA issue, and Customer Service agreed so after a brief chat, but as my next charging sessions will be on a road trip, I thought I'd ask if anyone else might have experienced similar messages, only to find that it was an issue with the car.

I charge at EA almost exclusively, and have never had this particular issue, but as I'm sure you know, EA chargers can sometimes be a bit 'quirky'.

Thanks!
I've run into that problem with EA many times, but it seems to happen less frequently these days.

Back