I Really, Really, Really Miss My Lucid

DJL

Verified Owner
I just dropped my Lucid AGT off at the Seattle Service Center. They will be replacing the windshield because of a crack caused by a rock. It is covered by my Progressive Insurance free glass replacement/repair policy. Christina, one of the Service Managers, met me with all of the service authorization paperwork completed, along with the free rental car paperwork. The rental car is a Genesis G70. Christina was welcoming, nice, helpful, considerate and very professional. It was a pleasure to interact with her. My dropping off the car and getting into the Genesis took but just a few minutes. My Lucid should be ready to pickup noonish on Thursday simply because it takes 24 hours for the glue to cure. During the replacement process, they will also have to recalibrate the cameras and sensors.
This is the first ICE I have driven since I received my Lucid last September. Before I had driven a mile, I was already missing my Lucid. It’s not that the Genesis isn’t a very nice car, it is and it gets great reviews. People love this car. However, (in my humble opinion) it just pales compared to my Lucid. My Lucid’s much quieter, the ride is much smoother, the driving is more precise and satisfying, it has much more power, the nav system is much better, the sound system is much better, it is more comfortable and luxurious, the view while driving is much better, etc., etc., etc. Plus, the one thing I really, really miss… is the one petal driving. Sigh. I really missed this feature during my drive home.
Cars are such personal items. What works for me, may not for you. Thus, please don’t let my opinion discourage you from the Genesis G70. It is a very nice car. I am very appreciative of Lucid giving it to me while they are working on my Lucid. It’s just that I really, really miss my Lucid. It is the first car I have ever owned that is therapeutic to drive. I always have a big smile on my face whenever I get home and get out of it. My brother has had a BMW Z4 for years and years and refuses to let go of it because it is therapeutic to him. I never really understood this until I got my Lucid. Now I do….And, if you have not gotten the message, I REALLY MISS MY LUCID!

Yes, Christina is great.

Reactions: DJL
I just dropped my Lucid AGT off at the Seattle Service Center. They will be replacing the windshield because of a crack caused by a rock. It is covered by my Progressive Insurance free glass replacement/repair policy. Christina, one of the Service Managers, met me with all of the service authorization paperwork completed, along with the free rental car paperwork. The rental car is a Genesis G70. Christina was welcoming, nice, helpful, considerate and very professional. It was a pleasure to interact with her. My dropping off the car and getting into the Genesis took but just a few minutes. My Lucid should be ready to pickup noonish on Thursday simply because it takes 24 hours for the glue to cure. During the replacement process, they will also have to recalibrate the cameras and sensors.
This is the first ICE I have driven since I received my Lucid last September. Before I had driven a mile, I was already missing my Lucid. It’s not that the Genesis isn’t a very nice car, it is and it gets great reviews. People love this car. However, (in my humble opinion) it just pales compared to my Lucid. My Lucid’s much quieter, the ride is much smoother, the driving is more precise and satisfying, it has much more power, the nav system is much better, the sound system is much better, it is more comfortable and luxurious, the view while driving is much better, etc., etc., etc. Plus, the one thing I really, really miss… is the one petal driving. Sigh. I really missed this feature during my drive home.
Cars are such personal items. What works for me, may not for you. Thus, please don’t let my opinion discourage you from the Genesis G70. It is a very nice car. I am very appreciative of Lucid giving it to me while they are working on my Lucid. It’s just that I really, really miss my Lucid. It is the first car I have ever owned that is therapeutic to drive. I always have a big smile on my face whenever I get home and get out of it. My brother has had a BMW Z4 for years and years and refuses to let go of it because it is therapeutic to him. I never really understood this until I got my Lucid. Now I do….And, if you have not gotten the message, I REALLY MISS MY LUCID!
I feel you man. I had a Chrysler 300 as my rental. I’d almost rather walk than drive that plastic pimp mobile. Unlike the Genesis it had no redeeming qualities at all.

I first experienced what you’re describing with our very first Tesla purchase, a Model S.

I experienced it again, even more acutely, when I dropped off my Lucid Air GT for PPF, ceramic coating and window tinting. Not only did the shop need the car for five days minimum, I wasn’t going to be home when the car was ready, and would have to wait five more days beyond that to clap eyes on my Lucid baby once again.

That ten-day stretch was AGONY…

I had a very similar experience. Lucid provided me with Genesis G70 for 12 days while they were fixing mine. I didn't want to drive anywhere unless I had to and with the Lucid I look for excuses to go drive around whenever possible.

If you don't mine me asking, what's the original cost before insurance for replacing the front windshield for the glass canopy?

I'm tempted of putting a shield on my windshield to protect it, I assume that replacing it will be quite the hefty fee, so knowing the cost of it could better help me decide.

Thanks!

If you don't mine me asking, what's the original cost before insurance for replacing the front windshield for the glass canopy?

I'm tempted of putting a shield on my windshield to protect it, I assume that replacing it will be quite the hefty fee, so knowing the cost of it could better help me decide.

Thanks!
I have seen in this forum that the cost is $2500. I will be picking up my Lucid today so I can confirm that for you later. Also, I, too, looked into putting a protective shield on the windshield. I had touble finding anyone that would do it. On detailer even said that he stopped doing it because of all the issues his clients were having with it. Thus, I have decided to stay "naked". I have PPF on the bumper, front and sides.

I have seen in this forum that the cost is $2500. I will be picking up my Lucid today so I can confirm that for you later. Also, I, too, looked into putting a protective shield on the windshield. I had touble finding anyone that would do it. On detailer even said that he stopped doing it because of all the issues his clients were having with it. Thus, I have decided to stay "naked". I have PPF on the bumper, front and sides.

Along those lines I haven’t yet found anyone in my area willing to do PPF on a front windshield.

I'm with you on missing the Lucid! Mine has been at the shop for a little over a month now, and probably a couple weeks before I get it back. Driving my ICE car took some getting used to again! I try and soft close the doors...nope, try again. I walk away without turning it off...oops. Forgetting to push the brake pedal only happens once in the beginning of the drive, and luckily that's just at the end of my cul-de-sac and I'm going under 20mph. I only had my car a couple months before this, so as much as I miss it, I will be excited to drive it all over again once I get it back :)

***Adding that it isn't in the shop due to any issues from Lucid. We hit a coyote and it damaged a couple things on the front end and behind the bumper. The body shop that is Lucid approved is a really busy body shop in the area.

I'm with you on missing the Lucid! Mine has been at the shop for a little over a month now, and probably a couple weeks before I get it back. Driving my ICE car took some getting used to again! I try and soft close the doors...nope, try again. I walk away without turning it off...oops. Forgetting to push the brake pedal only happens once in the beginning of the drive, and luckily that's just at the end of my cul-de-sac and I'm going under 20mph. I only had my car a couple months before this, so as much as I miss it, I will be excited to drive it all over again once I get it back :)

***Adding that it isn't in the shop due to any issues from Lucid. We hit a coyote and it damaged a couple things on the front end and behind the bumper. The body shop that is Lucid approved is a really busy body shop in the area.
Mine is also in the shop (no fault of Lucid’s) for over a month now, and this Model Y I rented through insurance is a really good lesson in “Teslas have a lot of problems too.”

I had never owned a Tesla before, but having now driven one for over a month I *really* miss my DE.

I’m not bashing Tesla; it has some features I wish existed on the Lucid, particularly software features. But charging it is a pain (it just randomly decides to stop), the screens crash at least once a day (at least there’s a quick way to reset), the climate adjustment is infuriating (and not profile-specific, either), the lack of a proper driver’s binnacle is nonsense, and so on.

The phone charging pads are nice though, as is the direct integration with MyQ for garage opening/closing automatically, and so on.

But nobody is allowed to say Teslas don’t have problems anymore :)

Thanks!
I picked up my Lucid yesterday. It took 6.5 hours to drive the 120 miles north to my home in Blaine due to emergency road repair of the I-5 North just south of Marysville. 4 lanes narrowed to 1. Normally, I would have been pulling my hair out but sitting there, hour after hour in my Lucid made the wait tolerable. Just listening to my favorite playlists in its great sound system helped mellow me out. 🙃 The final bill for the windshield replacement came to $3,006 Just under $900 for labor and just over 2100 for parts: windshield,RLS sensor, glue and something called "FIR TREE.6.5X18. PLASTIC.

I picked up my Lucid yesterday. It took 6.5 hours to drive the 120 miles north to my home in Blaine due to emergency road repair of the I-5 North just south of Marysville. 4 lanes narrowed to 1. Normally, I would have been pulling my hair out but sitting there, hour after hour in my Lucid made the wait tolerable. Just listening to my favorite playlists in its great sound system helped mellow me out. 🙃 The final bill for the windshield replacement came to $3,006 Just under $900 for labor and just over 2100 for parts: windshield,RLS sensor, glue and something called "FIR TREE.6.5X18. PLASTIC.
Glad you got your baby back haha

And that is still a hefty price, definitely going to look into getting some windshield protections.. But seeing if it's worth it to have windshield auto wipers no longer work effectively

Glad you got your baby back haha

And that is still a hefty price, definitely going to look into getting some windshield protections.. But seeing if it's worth it to have windshield auto wipers no longer work effectively
Chicago Auto Pros had a video on exterior windshield film where they shot pellets at the windshield. Pretty impressive but he had warnings. Thick film so likely will introduce visual distortion and unless you use your wipers rarely, it will get scratches from the wipers. Which is probably why installers stopped using the films.

How long will they take. I know someone with Air Pure struggling to get the same thing done.

How long will they take. I know someone with Air Pure struggling to get the same thing done.
Dropped it off Tuesday, picked it up Thursday. However, making the appointment took a few weeks so they could get the windshield up to Seattle. I was originally scheduled to go in on Dec 22 but I had to reschedule on the 21st because we got hit with 15 inches of snow and I did not want to drop my Lucid off and drive a ICE back home in that mess. The first appointment date they had available was this Tueday.

Back