I had a general question question for all current Lucid air owners

Was the issue a module that keeps needing to be reset for the audio? I’m just curious what else made the car not driveable as a daily driver where you needed another car as backup. No attacks here, sorry for your bad experience, just trying to learn about issues and things to watch out for (for example frunk closure issues have happened with several owners and my car started doing that once in awhile so I’m having service look at it). I have 12,500 on mine, most problems have been trim issues easily fixed.
I have learned to not leave the trunk open for too long or the software gets confused. I was packing for a family trip and left the trunk open while kids added bags haphazardly. It ended with the car being frozen, the trunk refusing to latch and us unpacking and driving a different vehicle. Eventually, a week later, and with the help of the 800 line the car did reset.

Radio is always a mystery, but I believe my silence is mainly due to lack of reception. My other cars get beautiful reception using Sirius XM exclusively, the Lucid system, Sirius, Tidal, TuneIn are all spotty and frustrating.

Recently, and it appears that I am not alone, my control panel and top right screen become inoperable. Lucid had to send out a tech, I believe I am up and running, but have not driven the car In a week as I had to drive a dif vehicle for a trip. I had planned on taking the Lucid, but am now scared to be reliant on the car if more than 1 hour from my house.

I was at a party, a few people wanted to see the car, so the doors were open and closed here and there as friends oohed and awed, later I drove home only to have the car go into “turtle” mode, which can be dangerous. I pulled over, called 800#, locked the car walked way away from the car while they performed a reset, this was Xmas eve and it was rather cold, but I survived.

All of this adds up to consistent major pains in the a##. I did not wittingly sign up to be a beta tester, and would not have purchased the car if I had known I’d be a guinea pig. The car is fine when working and I can be patient, but I do wish I had waited a year or 2. Kind regards and thank you for your questions.

I have learned to not leave the trunk open for too long or the software gets confused. I was packing for a family trip and left the trunk open while kids added bags haphazardly. It ended with the car being frozen, the trunk refusing to latch and us unpacking and driving a different vehicle. Eventually, a week later, and with the help of the 800 line the car did reset.

Radio is always a mystery, but I believe my silence is mainly due to lack of reception. My other cars get beautiful reception using Sirius XM exclusively, the Lucid system, Sirius, Tidal, TuneIn are all spotty and frustrating.

Recently, and it appears that I am not alone, my control panel and top right screen become inoperable. Lucid had to send out a tech, I believe I am up and running, but have not driven the car In a week as I had to drive a dif vehicle for a trip. I had planned on taking the Lucid, but am now scared to be reliant on the car if more than 1 hour from my house.

I was at a party, a few people wanted to see the car, so the doors were open and closed here and there as friends oohed and awed, later I drove home only to have the car go into “turtle” mode, which can be dangerous. I pulled over, called 800#, locked the car walked way away from the car while they performed a reset, this was Xmas eve and it was rather cold, but I survived.

All of this adds up to consistent major pains in the a##. I did not wittingly sign up to be a beta tester, and would not have purchased the car if I had known I’d be a guinea pig. The car is fine when working and I can be patient, but I do wish I had waited a year or 2. Kind regards and thank you for your questions.

Thanks for sharing your experiences in detail; it definitely helps me understand where failures can occur and perhaps how to avoid them. Hoping your experience improves.

So I have been on this forum for couple months now , learning alot about this new company. I am share holder and also have a Touring model on reservation. I am really concerned with all the mechanical issues I am reading about on this forum. Cars needing a new battery pack and Motors at 3-7k miles…I totally understand , it’s their first year and they will eventually get this right….I currently own a 2018 Model S and never had any issues with my car ( knock on wood 😊)
So I would like to know if there is any member here with over 7k miles who is Fortunate enough not to have any mechanical issues with their cars….I am just trying to figure out if these failures are on a certain batch of cars that was produced earlier. I just don’t want to want to get a car and have it fail on me that’s all 😞
14,500 miles. No drivetrain issues. Frunk latches replaced, they were needing a little push to latch, soft close door latch replaced. Defective trim piece replaced, and the toe hook and wiring harness recall fixes.

Back