I had a general question question for all current Lucid air owners

nautchilous

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
So I have been on this forum for couple months now , learning alot about this new company. I am share holder and also have a Touring model on reservation. I am really concerned with all the mechanical issues I am reading about on this forum. Cars needing a new battery pack and Motors at 3-7k miles…I totally understand , it’s their first year and they will eventually get this right….I currently own a 2018 Model S and never had any issues with my car ( knock on wood 😊)
So I would like to know if there is any member here with over 7k miles who is Fortunate enough not to have any mechanical issues with their cars….I am just trying to figure out if these failures are on a certain batch of cars that was produced earlier. I just don’t want to want to get a car and have it fail on me that’s all 😞

Coming up to 7k shortly...my AGT is among the 1st 1200 I'm told, and got it in late July after they did the shut down to revamp the Pre-Delivery Inspection process. No mechanical problems so far (knock wood).

I have 8,825 miles on my Dream Edition Performance that was delivered 12/31/2021 and have not had any major mechanical issues.

Have 11500 miles and the only mechanical problem was an outside door handle that wouldn’t present when they delivered the car but they knew about it and fixed it a few days later. The only other problems was the teething with the old software but that is getting better with each OTA update. My other problems with bent rims were due to me stupidly believing that NY would keep up with pothole repairs so I chose the 21 inch rims initially. Big mistake.

I have 6000 miles on my AGT and have had no mechanical issues and only various inside panel/trim issues that needed to be fixed. This is my daily driver and I absolutely love the ride. The software has gotten tremendously better. Main issues I had were poor service organization in NJ which seem to have improved recently.

Appreciate all the input guys….I am hoping to get my vin assigned to me next month.☺️

So I have been on this forum for couple months now , learning alot about this new company. I am share holder and also have a Touring model on reservation. I am really concerned with all the mechanical issues I am reading about on this forum. Cars needing a new battery pack and Motors at 3-7k miles…I totally understand , it’s their first year and they will eventually get this right….I currently own a 2018 Model S and never had any issues with my car ( knock on wood 😊)
So I would like to know if there is any member here with over 7k miles who is Fortunate enough not to have any mechanical issues with their cars….I am just trying to figure out if these failures are on a certain batch of cars that was produced earlier. I just don’t want to want to get a car and have it fail on me that’s all 😞
11,500 miles. My only “mechanical” issue was my right front tire needed a road force rebalance, and a few minor trim issues. It’s been great otherwise. I had one weird severely reduced power event early on like 4 weeks after I’d got the car that lasted about 30 seconds, but it cured itself.

Coming up on 14k miles with no mechanical issues. Have driven the Air from coast to coast and in 20 states so far. All my issues concerns have been software related.

My AIr has over 8000 now and, knock wood, only cosmetic (I brushed a concrete bar backing up even though the sensors were screaming at me) and software. Occasionally the cameras just say "unavailable". I've told it's because I'm not giving the car time to "wake up" before putting it in gear. And one time I got a "check engine" equivalent light that I couldn't' find referenced in the manual but, again, was advised probably didn't let the car boot up properly. Early on I did lock in my key and phone and purse (with valet key in wallet) but fortunately was at home and had the spare key in the house. Not sure how to prevent that--perhaps one of the upgrades since has fixed it. I haven't tried that stunt again. Driving is such a pleasure. Just wish the lane correction knew better how to read left turn lanes and didn't keep trying to ease me into left turn lanes as I drive down a divided highway. Also it would be nice to have a search function on the manual. But until the software is more stabilized I realize that may not be realistic. Keep up the good work guys. And shout out to Josh in Houston for being available and always helpful.

Just wish the lane correction knew better how to read left turn lanes and didn't keep trying to ease me into left turn lanes as I drive down a divided highway.
This must be a very difficult problem to solve, because my Tesla still handles this terribly, too. Definitely annoying.

AGT with over 5k and aside from software issues and some minor interior panel no mechanical issues knock on wood. No highway assist possible because my navigation not working and adaptive cruise not fluid feels still a bit jerky despite recent update at least on mine. Hope it just keeps improving.

Just flipped 7K miles. Had the car since September, drove over the Rockies and back on a 4,000 mile trip. Drove the car hard during that trip. Only one "mechanical" issue was a hose clip came loose and was touching the axel. A quick stop at the Service Center quickly fixed it and we continued our trip. No significant damage to clip or hose or axel. The car came through the hard driving trip like a champ. I have had to reboot the car using the valet car procedure a few time to correct a few minor software issues but nothing significant. The car is the very best vehicle I have every owned or driven. Based on the research I have done on various EVs, I do not believe that any of the issues being reported on this forum are unque to Lucid. Chose the EV that best meets your needs/desires/budget and go for it.

My AIr has over 8000 now and, knock wood, only cosmetic (I brushed a concrete bar backing up even though the sensors were screaming at me) and software. Occasionally the cameras just say "unavailable". I've told it's because I'm not giving the car time to "wake up" before putting it in gear. And one time I got a "check engine" equivalent light that I couldn't' find referenced in the manual but, again, was advised probably didn't let the car boot up properly. Early on I did lock in my key and phone and purse (with valet key in wallet) but fortunately was at home and had the spare key in the house. Not sure how to prevent that--perhaps one of the upgrades since has fixed it. I haven't tried that stunt again. Driving is such a pleasure. Just wish the lane correction knew better how to read left turn lanes and didn't keep trying to ease me into left turn lanes as I drive down a divided highway. Also it would be nice to have a search function on the manual. But until the software is more stabilized I realize that may not be realistic. Keep up the good work guys. And shout out to Josh in Houston for being available and always helpful.
Hi there. Have a few questions if you don’t mind.

1) Did you have a L2 charger installed at home and if so, which brand and electrical contractor did you use?

2) Did you tint any of the exterior glass (front, top, sides, and back)? If so care to share the tint values and how that has been working for you? Trying to see if the Houston sometimes hot weather may be mitigated with the tint.

3) Did you have the front license plate installed, given Texas requires it but not always enforced?

Preparing to take delivery of mine now. Thanks

17k miles here. AGT- was told I was the first VIN - got it back in March. Minor - front left blinker mechanism had to be replaced 2x, upper interior light mechanism stopped working, replaced, steering wheel rubbing, replaced. Front left armrest on door was coming apart- replaced.
More Major- charging cable would not disengage from car! Happened with increasing frequency and difficulty until it was permanently stuck. Couldn't drive obviously. Replaced - no problems since.
Most Major - Battery fault at 16k miles. Car shut down/bricked with a major warning light in 5 minutes. Little nerve wracking - but it worked out. Total replacement of full battery - took 7 weeks. Just got back last week. Lucid supplied rental.
Overall thoughts? Service people have been GREAT. Especially Mark Reiss in New England/Boston. Super nice, responsive, hard working and competent. Also- LOVE the car. Power, looks, range, comfort, sound system, driving dynamics, glass cockpit, etc- it's awesome. So very pleased with the purchase even with the above hiccups- coming off 6 years of 2 different Tesla Model S like most people here.
Still own a Model Y- and I think the world of Tesla as well- they've done great things and truly care about customer enjoyment. But the Lucid has that Maybach meets Ferrari quality that Tesla can't match. And at 516 miles of range (19 inch tires, Long Range model) - I go from SW Connecticut to Boston to Gloucester and BACK without recharging. Amazing.

You hit the proverbial nail .... this car does all the things that make you smile and look forward to driving ...even if just to the market for some milk. Great design, handling, power, interior. Given your major issues, our attitude and patience are admirable.. So far, my issues are less incapacitating, although my pilot panel and the upper screen went dark which really impacted my ability to drive much until fixed. Software is complex and new systems create issues. At least we see LUCID continue to send us OTA updates to improve our experiences and fix some glitches.

AGT with over 5k and aside from software issues and some minor interior panel no mechanical issues knock on wood. No highway assist possible because my navigation not working and adaptive cruise not fluid feels still a bit jerky despite recent update at least on mine. Hope it just keeps improving.
Did you get the 2.0.35 update that just came out? That fixed the ACC Wobblies for me. Text service about the navigation, there’s a module under the seat that needs to be disconnected and reconnected.

Through this thread and a number of others, it is wonderful to read the write ups from all of the people who simply love their Lucid and for so many reasons. I am pleased that I fall into that category. With the various biased hit pieces cherry picking some of the gripes that have been posted, it would be refreashing to read a piece about how so many owners love their Lucid and for what reasons.

Back