I’ve Asked This Question 3 Times With No Answer Yet…Tinting Side Windows.

MPawelek

Cars
None
What is different about the Air that the door panels have to be removed to tint the side windows. I’ve had 5 cars tinted and nothing had to be removed to tint the side windows….😇

Apparently according to my installer, it is similar to the Audi cars which also require door panel removal to do it correctly. Some have indicated they had it done on their Lucid without removing the door panels but I was told at Millbrae to do it right the door panels must be removed.

It's because the installer can't slip a piece of tint below the rubber gasket of the window. Some cars you can and others you can't.

pretty hesitant to have installers stripping the car. I'll probably hold off on tinting until I find a reliable vendor with experience with a few

My installer said he was able to remove the top portion of the door panel and not the whole thing, said it was quite easy to do the side windows. This was their first Air.

Depends on who is doing the tint and their skill levels. Just go with someone very good, and make sure they have clean lines leading right up to the edge of the windows and no bubbles (after drying) and use top quality product at a fair price. I've never bothered to ask or care how exactly my guy does things, but he does a perfect job to all my cars so that's all I care about.

Resurrecting this thread...

I'm getting Prime XR Plus done on my AGT and my installer said the same thing. For the best results, the door panels/cards should be removed/loosened.

Did anyone buy any spare door panel clips for their installer just in case?

Back