How To Section

the1sen

Cars
Tesla MXP™,Former Air GT
DE Number
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Did a search, and there does not appear to be a HOW TO DO (fill in the blank) section to the forum yet.

New car, since it's their first car it's a weird car...

Is there a way to add a HOW TO section?

How to fill the tires with air?
How (and when) to do a factory reset?
How to successfully upgrade from 1.XXX to SW2.0 and save your seat settings again, or favorite map locations or...?
How to do a key reset?
How to remove the hideous visors? (if that was legal)
How to enter carwash mode? (if it had one)
How to fix _____ error?

I'm sure if the market ever supports accessories for the car, the How To section might just appear...

Proactively yours,

Joe

How to find and read the manual?

(Not being snarky. That’s a real question we have gotten several times.)

Very helpful, joec

When I got my BMW F800ST, I was one of the founding forum members.

Manual or not, we included a "how to" section that grew and grew.

My Miata forum has a "how to" section that is ENORMOUS

I suppose that we could assume no one will ever ask any questions about "how to" and we could simply refer everyone to the manual.

That just feels snarky, and unwelcoming, and like it or not, a "how to" section will grow well beyond the manual (which will ultimately change dt SW changes).

Very helpful, joec

I suppose that we could assume no one will ever ask any questions about "how to" and we could simply refer everyone to the manual.

That just feels snarky, and unwelcoming, and like it or not, a "how to" section will grow well beyond the manual (which will ultimately change dt SW changes).
Again, start here...

Very helpful, joec

Sorry if by saying I wasn't being snarky that you felt I was being snarky. I was being quite literal.

I like the idea of a "How to" section. And I think finding the manual would be a good addition to it. Because Lucid only includes an abridged paper manual in the car. And not everyone here knows how to find the electronic version.

Not to mention, the electronic version has bits in it that were clearly "forward thinking", meaning they talk about features that haven't even been implemented yet. So it's a legit source of confusion.

As @hydbob suggests, the "Common Questions" thread is a good place to start. Maybe not perfect, but it's our version of a "how to" so far. We can refine it more as we go.

Back