How often rotate tires ?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
How often are you rotating your tires for those that are able rotate??

Every 1 year? No way that is true right?

Attachments

• IMG_8248.png
    IMG_8248.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 181
One year between rotations is reasonable if you drive like 10K miles per year. If you drive 2K per year, no.
I just rotate mine when the difference between front and rear average tread depths is 1mm.
Many tire manufacturers reccomend rotation every 6000 miles (10000 km).

I can't speak for the Air yet, but our dual motor Model 3 definitely needed tire rotation periodically. Rears wore quite a bit more quickly than the fronts - maybe because regenerative braking was done only by the rear motor.

With all wheel drive and near 50-50 weight distribution I no longer rotate tires because tire wear is essentially even. So there is no point.
I have 15k miles on the tires. The tread is even on all four and I have not rotated them. Was going to at 10k, but when Discount Tire said the treads were all the same, I said, what’s the point to do a rotation? They are still running even.

I thought that you aren't suppose to rotate the tires on the Lucid?

No rotation for the different sizes with 21s on a DE P. Luckily getting side wall bubbles has been pretty evenly distributed. I have replaced all 4 tires, but only paid for 2. 😂

Cars with same size tires I would rotate front to back but not side to side.

On my 19’s they said can rotate front to back because they are the same size and that Lucid recommends once a year or every 12K miles.

Be sure to check with your service advisor.

hmmm I thought you can’t rotate the tires if the wheels were staggered? You could rotate them left to right? 🤔

hmmm I thought you can’t rotate the tires if the wheels were staggered? You could rotate them left to right? 🤔

21” here, only rotated them left to right at 11k.

I wonder what is usual mileage life for these 21” before changing new.

Slight non sequitur, but a question that applies to all tyres on all cars in general - do tyres get noisier as the miles add up on them?

I’m imagining that I’m hearing more tyre noise now at 25,000 miles than I did when the car was brand new a year ago.

I haven’t notice a big difference at 12.5k miles.

I've often felt that brand new tires seem quiter than worn tires.

Slight non sequitur, but a question that applies to all tyres on all cars in general - do tyres get noisier as the miles add up on them?

I’m imagining that I’m hearing more tyre noise now at 25,000 miles than I did when the car was brand new a year ago.
It would make sense, more tread wear = more contact patch which = more noise. Also, the foam might get stiff inside it?(i am not sure of that)

Also, you must really love your car if you have 25k miles... how?

It would make sense, more tread wear = more contact patch which = more noise. Also, the foam might get stiff inside it?(i am not sure of that)

Also, you must really love your car if you have 25k miles... how?

I DO love my car. Very much. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I drive to work and back home again, four or five times a month. Each circuit is 280 miles. Add in some around town driving which I’ve since refrained from doing, choosing to do so in my other car instead, and one 2200 mile road trip, and the miles add up really quickly. It’ll be one year of blissful Lucid Air ownership come the 30th of this month.

Lucid service says rotate during annual service. My question is for those who went and got certificates for Discount Tire, how often do we need to rotate to be under their warranty? When I purchased certificates for all 4 tires the service guy there told me 5-6k for rotations is what he recommends. Will they honor my certificates if I do rotations at Lucids annual intervals?

Lucid service says rotate during annual service. My question is for those who went and got certificates for Discount Tire, how often do we need to rotate to be under their warranty? When I purchased certificates for all 4 tires the service guy there told me 5-6k for rotations is what he recommends. Will they honor my certificates if I do rotations at Lucids annual intervals?
Great questions

Back