How much power is available in Smooth vs Swift vs Sprint mode ?

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
I assume Sprint has 100 %, what’s the % available with smooth and swift mode ? I’m driving an 867 HP AGT

Thanx

I assume Sprint has 100 %, what’s the % available with smooth and swift mode ? I’m driving an 867 HP AGT

Thanx
600hp last I checked.

Thanx
I have a dream edition and in smooth or sport, I believe the HP is less than the max in the AGT…I have to tell you, the acceleration it more that most can handle…..it is so quick that having over 1000 HP on a 4 door sedan is a bit silly. I really don’t think it safe to use sprint mode in traffic because it doesn’t take much to have an accident going that violently quick in a 5250 pound sedan.

"In the default Swift drive setting, the Air Grand Touring puts down a more modest 536 horsepower and 645 lb-ft, while in the cushier Smooth setting, torque drops a bit more to 620 lb-ft." - about 67%

I'm surprised it's not over 600 HP as the DEs smooth and swift HP is about 75% according to MT.

Unless you put your foot into it the swift would not necessarily draw more energy correct? So it’s always there if you need it. You will have the stiffer spring rates and steering feedback all the time. I wonder if Lucid could decouple the driving dynamics from the power delivery. That would give a lot more flexibility to customize our driving experience.

... I wonder if Lucid could decouple the driving dynamics from the power delivery. ...
Ferrari did exactly that after someone important (I believe Shumacher test driving the F430) asked for it. Access to all the HP and torque without stiff shock settings. Would be nice to have a corresponding accelerator mapping that gave a gentle tip-in for traffic still reaches the HP/torque peak.

There is no way to change default but it is an easy button push on main pilot display to change it

There is no way to change default but it is an easy button push on main pilot display to change it

That's what I thought. However, I really don't see the need for having also to hit a "Confirm" button to go into Sprint mode. I see the hand of the lawyers behind that aggravating step, which is especially annoying -- and distracting -- when doing it while driving.

That's what I thought. However, I really don't see the need for having also to hit a "Confirm" button to go into Sprint mode. I see the hand of the lawyers behind that aggravating step, which is especially annoying -- and distracting -- when doing it while driving.

I agree it’s annoying, but at least on the DE it has saved at least one driver who was testing my car from accidentally hitting it and accidentally scaring the crap out of themselves. When we did confirm, they nearly crapped their pants haha, so I do get it.

"In the default Swift drive setting,
That's an error in the MT article. Smooth is the default driving mode and that is specifically due to how the EPA conducts it's mileage test. They take all default settings so to maximize range, Lucid has to set defaults to whatever maximizes range for the test. I agree that it should be customizable in driver profiles.

I agree it’s annoying, but at least on the DE it has saved at least one driver who was testing my car from accidentally hitting it and accidentally scaring the crap out of themselves. When we did confirm, they nearly crapped their pants haha, so I do get it.

Since the car has facial recognition, it would be nice to program it not to impose the "Confirm" button on a driver who is matched to a profile after their first use of Sprint mode. I don't see how Lucid thinks that adding another "look-away" requirement while driving the car enhances safety.

Since the car has facial recognition, it would be nice to program it not to impose the "Confirm" button on a driver who is matched to a profile after their first use of Sprint mode. I don't see how Lucid thinks that adding another "look-away" requirement while driving the car enhances safety.

Oh, I agree. It would be nice to have a setting for “I get it, I won’t be an idiot.” I’m just noting an example where I did appreciate it haha.

Also of note, the warning specifically says you shouldn’t launch it or use sprint mode on 19” tires and… they’re right. On the 21” tires, it launches like nobody’s business. On the 19” tires, there was some serious spinning in place; the car was stable and never lost control thanks to the awesome traction control, but the tires definitely had some trouble sticking, so there is some merit to the warning.

That said, I agree it should be configurable.

That's an error in the MT article. Smooth is the default driving mode and that is specifically due to how the EPA conducts it's mileage test. They take all default settings so to maximize range, Lucid has to set defaults to whatever maximizes range for the test. I agree that it should be customizable in driver profiles.

Unfortunately...every car company does the same thing. That is why the official range numbers are imaginary for real driving.

Back