How long did it take to get your plates/registration?

fisheral

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
6K1F9IPW
I'm coming up on a month since delivery in NJ and haven't heard anything since (other than the documents I sent in to the titling department 2 days later).

How long did it take for you to get yours?

Geez. Obviously every state is different. I'm in Illinois. I drove out with plates on my car and the registration in my glove box. My title (I paid 100% up front with no loan) showed up about 2 weeks later in the mail.

^^^
Yet it takes about 2.5 months to get custom plates in Illinois. Weird

I think the long delay (in NY) is due to the way Lucid sub-contracts the work out. Every other car I've purchased in NY has either been delivery with plates (with title arriving several weeks later) or I obtain plates the day after getting a signed title (used vehicles) or Certificate or Origin (new vehicles).

I think the long delay (in NY) is due to the way Lucid sub-contracts the work out. Every other car I've purchased in NY has either been delivery with plates (with title arriving several weeks later) or I obtain plates the day after getting a signed title (used vehicles) or Certificate or Origin (new vehicles).
Yeah, I've never waited more than two weeks to get my plates and registration from the dealer. At least the Arizona non-resident temporary stuff is valid for 90 days.

I asked to self register and I got the certificate of origin in about a week from Lucid. i then ran it to my town offices to transfer plates. all done in about a week and a half

Back