How do i stop Spotify from autoplaying when I unlock car?

Magellanic

Verified Owner
Cars
LR3, LR4, Touring
Every time I enter car its starts playing Spotify (or prolly whatever source is selected). Anyone have a suggestion?

This might be a partial solution, but just put it on SiriusXM and it should only start playing about half the time when you unlock the car. I turned off my wireless to try and get SiriusXM to be more reliable, but it did not change much. Whatever I listened to previously comes on sporadically, no rhyme or reason.

Oh, the above is pure unadulterated sarcasm. Sorry, no real help from me. I am from the camp that would like the car to resume whatever I was listening to when I last exited the car without having to push a bunch of buttons, change stations, etc. to do so.

Every time I enter car its starts playing Spotify (or prolly whatever source is selected). Anyone have a suggestion?
This drives me bonkers. One thing I've resorted to doing when it really gets on my nerves is to switch to the USB stick for audio, select a tune, then pull the stick out. Stops the song from playing, and without the stick it can't start up again.

But this is ridiculous. Lucid needs to add the option to keep the music off when entering. The only suggestion I have is to write to Lucid to let them know this is not desirable behavior.

Just FYI, my Tesla MS plays music when I open the car door. It just not as loud as Lucid audio. I could always stop music from playing but it is one of those settings that is either on or off. So it is not unique to Lucid.

I noticed my music (bluetooth from my iphone) starts playing when I unlock the car - or worse, when I merely walk near the car while going into the garage. The ideal solution would be for the music to automatically start as it does now, but ONLY after putting the car in Reverse or Drive.

I noticed my music (bluetooth from my iphone) starts playing when I unlock the car - or worse, when I merely walk near the car while going into the garage. The ideal solution would be for the music to automatically start as it does now, but ONLY after putting the car in Reverse or Drive.
The ideal solution would be for there to be an option to never, ever, under any circumstances, start playing sound from any source unless I specifically press a button.

Personal pet peeve of mine. Auto-play is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity, and it should be destroyed with the heat of a thousand suns.

But like I said, as long as they made it an option, I’d settle for that.

The ideal solution would be for there to be an option to never, ever, under any circumstances, start playing sound from any source unless I specifically press a button.

Personal pet peeve of mine. Auto-play is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity, and it should be destroyed with the heat of a thousand suns.

But like I said, as long as they made it an option, I’d settle for that.
Good solution. I like the idea of having more and more options in settings screen. Then each of us could set up a car door on preference. Some say that this would complicate it, I don’t believe so as long as they have reasonable default settings for people that don’t want to mess with it.

Just FYI, my Tesla MS plays music when I open the car door. It just not as loud as Lucid audio. I could always stop music from playing but it is one of those settings that is either on or off. So it is not unique to Lucid.
I do wish Lucid had default volume level option so that after "turning off" the car, the volume would be reset to the default like some cars (Audi) do.

I do wish Lucid had default volume level option so that after "turning off" the car, the volume would be reset to the default like some cars (Audi) do.
It used to do this. The resuming-at-the-same-volume-you-had-it-last-time is a new thing.

It used to do this. The resuming-at-the-same-volume-you-had-it-last-time is a new thing.
I personally prefer having the volume setting remain at the previous setting. But I also prefer having music resume only after I hit a button. I guess these are a matter of taste. So, short of giving us choices in the settings, Lucid won’t please us all with any one-size-fits-all defaults.

Back