How do I remove panels to access console?

someguy

Member

Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
28
Reaction score
7
Cars
2026 Lucid Gravity DDP
I’d like to run a usb cable from the armrest console to my phone charger and I’m reluctant to just pull on the panels for fear of breaking something. Does anyone know how to take apart the console to get inside so I can get a cable coming out of the console that is better than this (see photo)?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    450.3 KB · Views: 206
I'd be very careful. The car is full of clips that are basically designed to break and be replaced when you remove certain panels.
 
Hi there.

I've actually got a fully removed center console sitting in my apartment to do something sort of adjacent; I currently run a 167W Anker car charger from the trunk 12V (cigarette lighter) with an extension cable that goes under the seat cushion of the rear, and then down under the floor mats and under the driver's seat, because my phone can charge at 45W and the built-in port just doesn't cut it. It works reasonably well, but I want to run it properly into the center console.

I haven't yet found the time to fully dissect the removed console, but I will let you know what I find as far as where you could safely drill!
 
@LucidDropkick aren't the USBc ports in the center console 100w? Just curious, what phone takes 45w of power to charge?
 
@LucidDropkick aren't the USBc ports in the center console 100w? Just curious, what phone takes 45w of power to charge?

I don't believe they are 100w, I think you might be thinking about the Gravity!

As for phones that can charge at 45W, pretty much any modern flagship today can. The Galaxy S ultra series has had 45W charging since the S22 Ultra, I think (I have an S25 Ultra), the Pixel 10 Pro XL that I have also supports it. I also think every iPhone since the 16 series supports 45W charging.

To be clear, similar to our Lucids, it's not going to sustain that charging rate for the entire duration. But my whole reason for using fast charging is that I want to get off the charger as soon as possible, with the most amount of charge in that time, not so much to charge to 100%. When I'm in a rush and I forgot to charge my phone, ~20 minutes at 45W can easily get me to 50%+ which is enough to carry me through the day, or at least through to another phone charger.

It also is nice to be able to work on my MacBook Pro in the car without worrying about charging speeds. I've comfortably pulled a full 87W off of the MacBook charger + 37-45W off of the phone charger using it.

Charger in question if you're interested: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Ultra-Compact-MacBook-Samsung/dp/B0CZ7BL16W
 
@LucidDropkick Yes, I was thinking of the Gravity which does have the 100w USBc ports in the center console for the front seats with 45w USBc for the 2nd and 3rd row. As to the 45w, yes several phones can charge at 45w (including the iPhone 17) but I was under the impression you were presenting the 45w as a requirement to charge which I found odd. If that's not what you meant then I misunderstood what you were saying
 
Last edited:
Hi there.

I've actually got a fully removed center console sitting in my apartment to do something sort of adjacent; I currently run a 167W Anker car charger from the trunk 12V (cigarette lighter) with an extension cable that goes under the seat cushion of the rear, and then down under the floor mats and under the driver's seat, because my phone can charge at 45W and the built-in port just doesn't cut it. It works reasonably well, but I want to run it properly into the center console.

I haven't yet found the time to fully dissect the removed console, but I will let you know what I find as far as where you could safely drill!


Oops. I'm so sorry, I did not realize that I was in the Gravity forum, @ke2 ! I don't post very often and didn't think to check the header. 😅
 
how could we find a schematic? I don't want to break clips. 😬
 
You can pull the side panels off, which gives you access to some of the screws. Grab the side panel where I have my hand and pull straight back. The panel will pop off.
One of the service techs told me that you have to remove the seats to remove the center console, but I've seen photos where the center console was removed but the seats were still in place, so I don't know.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1988.webp
    IMG_1988.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1987.webp
    IMG_1987.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 124
Side panel removed. Whoops - this is for an Air, you want this for a Gravity. Sorry, can't help you. (Edited)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1990.webp
    IMG_1990.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
Side panel removed. Whoops - this is for an Air, you want this for a Gravity. Sorry, can't help you. (Edited)
Be careful when replacing it; there are two kinds of clips there, actual clips and guiding pins; those “pins” are flimsy and love to break off. The panel is pretty cheap to replace, luckily.
 
anybody take apart the center console or know where a schematic is FOR A GRAVITY?
 
Back
Top