How can I override Auto Add Charging Stations?

Gil

Cars
Lucid Air
I just took a long trip (350 miles each way) and, as expected, the car performed beautifully. I drive reasonably fast and didn’t expect to get my full 515 miles of range, but there was plenty to spare.

There was a problem, though. The navigation system is extremely conservative about telling you when to charge. (Understandably!) So it added charging stations that I knew I was not going to need. Is there a way to override this, or delete them from the route? I couldn’t find one!

Of course you can just continue past the suggested charging station and force the system to recalculate. I did that—and then you have to do it again and again.

One problem is that the car announces that it is pre-conditioning the battery in anticipation of the charging stop, and I can’t find a way to prevent it from doing that.

Another is that, near the end, when it can find no more charging stations, it gives a dire warning of Insufficient Charge (again, understandable) and also CANCELS NAVIGATION! This is not understandable. I still want to know my distance-to-destination! I was actually forced to use my phone for navigation.

I appreciate the charging-aware navigation, but it is too aggressive and bossy. Are there some options that I‘m not smart enough to discover, to prevent that?

I believe the release notes provide instructions on the behavior of this feature. Something to do with adding a station manually.

I believe the release notes provide instructions on the behavior of this feature. Something to do with adding a station manually.
I can add one, but I can’t see how to delete one.

Back