Houston Delivery Experience?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Should be taking deliver from Houston Service Center this month sometime (hopefully). Just curious about others' experience with deliveries from here. Is staff competent and accommodating of any fixes you needed to get done? How quickly can they get fixes done? I'll have to fly to Houston to pick mine up. I could just have them deliver it to my house I suppose, but I feel like in person delivery and pointing out things that need to get fixed (hopefully nothing!) on the spot is probably better.

Still waiting for a VIN assignment, but I too live in Houston, so would ask the same question to learn from your experiences. How has the Houston Service Center performed for you?

I’m in west side Houston. My post delivery experience is far better than pre delivery experience.

Taking delivery of my GTA today, Zenith red. More recent posts here suggest early issues, such as paint and panel alignments have been addressed. Will find out for real today!

Any early use items I should be looking out for?

Taking delivery of my GTA today, Zenith red. More recent posts here suggest early issues, such as paint and panel alignments have been addressed. Will find out for real today!

Have AGT delivery scheduled for Monday in Scottsdale, AZ. Hope your delivery went well today. Any advice for someone about to go through the experience?

For me it was all smooth process. Just watch out for any ding and dent related to exterior in transport. Any functional interior items not working are just minor, you may report later and Lucid can easily dispatch mobile van to service them.

BTW, which side of Houston did you get delivered to?

Have AGT delivery scheduled for Monday in Scottsdale, AZ. Hope your delivery went well today. Any advice for someone about to go through the experience?
Same as above.

Should be taking deliver from Houston Service Center this month sometime (hopefully). Just curious about others' experience with deliveries from here. Is staff competent and accommodating of any fixes you needed to get done? How quickly can they get fixes done? I'll have to fly to Houston to pick mine up. I could just have them deliver it to my house I suppose, but I feel like in person delivery and pointing out things that need to get fixed (hopefully nothing!) on the spot is probably better.
I wanted to collect the car from the Houston service center, but timing didn't allow that to happen, so the car was delivered to me. The individual who delivered the car was well versed in how to set the car up for you, such as profiles, setting positions, and going through the various features. They accompany you on a test drive to confirm familiarity with the car's behavior, such as the regenerative braking (after driving about 100 miles, I have yet to press the brake pedal!). When it comes to technical details though, such as a soft reboot, what happens if the 12v battery dies etc. then that was beyond his training / capabilities and recommended to call into the customer service center for those answers. He spent about 2.5 hrs with me going over things and didn't leave until I was clear on all the features. The Key Fob opens doors, closes them, opens the frunk and trunk, and there are sequences of key fob presses to activate those systems. What he didn’t mention is if you turn the key fob over, those sequences are provided for all but opening the trunk, so no worries about remembering those.

During the delivery the trunk appeared to open halfway and stopped. But a close and a reopen cleared that. Also when slowing down the internal retractable control panel decided to move to the open position, and then back to the closed position. Not sure what initiated that to the point where a technician could perform any repair….but I suspect this is all software controlled, so there most likely won’t be a repair. I’ll just have to isolate those circumstances triggering the control panel activation to support a meaningful conversation with the technicians.

I wanted to collect the car from the Houston service center, but timing didn't allow that to happen, so the car was delivered to me. The individual who delivered the car was well versed in how to set the car up for you, such as profiles, setting positions, and going through the various features. They accompany you on a test drive to confirm familiarity with the car's behavior, such as the regenerative braking (after driving about 100 miles, I have yet to press the brake pedal!). When it comes to technical details though, such as a soft reboot, what happens if the 12v battery dies etc. then that was beyond his training / capabilities and recommended to call into the customer service center for those answers. He spent about 2.5 hrs with me going over things and didn't leave until I was clear on all the features. The Key Fob opens doors, closes them, opens the frunk and trunk, and there are sequences of key fob presses to activate those systems. What he didn’t mention is if you turn the key fob over, those sequences are provided for all but opening the trunk, so no worries about remembering those.

During the delivery the trunk appeared to open halfway and stopped. But a close and a reopen cleared that. Also when slowing down the internal retractable control panel decided to move to the open position, and then back to the closed position. Not sure what initiated that to the point where a technician could perform any repair….but I suspect this is all software controlled, so there most likely won’t be a repair. I’ll just have to isolate those circumstances triggering the control panel activation to support a meaningful conversation with the technicians.
2.WOW! 5 hours! That’s incredible. You are getting very thorough orientation of Air.

Back