Home charging

umeo8636

New Member

Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Cars
Air and gravity
Air DE Number
1
Iight home charger
It never worked and lucid is not returning call or. Finding way to resolve the issue
 
Iight home charger
It never worked and lucid is not returning call or. Finding way to resolve the issue
Post some details and we'll see if we can help figure it out. Type of charger? Specifics of the charging problem?
 
It’s lucid home charger
Lucid have looked into all ( sent photos ) of proper electric connection toon
We have checked
Power dies come to box
But cable hose when connected dues carry electricity to charge car
 
It’s home charger ordered from lucid motors
Electrician used 2 AWG aluminum wires fit installation ( 100 amps)
But it doesn’t work
He had used same Tesla home charger
That one has worked efficiently for years
Lucid finally replied that they advise copper wires but as per electrician they have used aluminum for years without any issues
 
I doubt it is the charger. I would go with the electrician his job is to install it and have it work.
If you have a warranty on it you can ask for a replacment but he should be able to put a voltmeter on the charger plug pins, no power then he has to fix it.

Hardwired or wired to an outlet? It's 101 electrician troubleshoot, not blame the charger cuz he can't figure out electricity
 
It’s home charger ordered from lucid motors
Electrician used 2 AWG aluminum wires fit installation ( 100 amps)
But it doesn’t work
He had used same Tesla home charger
That one has worked efficiently for years
Lucid finally replied that they advise copper wires but as per electrician they have used aluminum for years without any issues

when I installed my Tesla wall charger 5 years ago my electrician said that they don't require copper wiring however he highly recommended installing copper for better efficiency and future chargers may need copper
 
I have no idea why the OP's LCHCS isn't working. The aluminum wiring won't prevent it from working. But it could be an eventual fire hazard if the LCHCS wasn't designed and tested for Al wire, as repeated thermal expansion/contraction cycles and oxidation take their toll.

If Lucid says the LCHCS needs copper wire, I'd have the electrician install a junction box near the LCHCS and transition to copper wire with Al-Cu rated connectors.
 
I have no idea why the OP's LCHCS isn't working. The aluminum wiring.
Hey @DeaneG . Thought of you this weekend. Wife is setting up some glass fusing kilns in the basement. And I was running 6g THHN and NEMA 6-50 receptacles. Years after our discussion here in 2023/4, there are now a dozen you tube videos warning about using continuous use grade receptacles for EV. Fortunately, glass kilns are not continuous use.
 
Hey @DeaneG . Thought of you this weekend. Wife is setting up some glass fusing kilns in the basement. And I was running 6g THHN and NEMA 6-50 receptacles. Years after our discussion here in 2023/4, there are now a dozen you tube videos warning about using continuous use grade receptacles for EV. Fortunately, glass kilns are not continuous use.
You two should’ve made those videos
 
You two should’ve made those videos
I'm having a new construction home built and finding out the builder is not ready for EV chargers.!!! So in the process of learning them how to do this I came across the new GFCI regulations. I thought GFCI was a no-go for EV chargers but found out there are several (4) different GFCI breakers, some for EV chargers. Also, seems national regulations on EV chargers/installations are in flux. Also, local regulations may differ. Also, I figured car to house power would be sorted by now . Also, fusion power is still, and will forever be, 50 years away. No solar panels on this new construction.

Sun: " Am I a joke to you?"

re-reading all the installation tips posted over the last 3 or so years.

Thanks so much for posts by WW Beagle, DeaneG and others.

Also, why do builders put the house electrical panel as far as possible from the garage/ driveway ?

I would think an EV charger, or at least a rough-in for one, would be a selling feature.

"...and I'm going to put the EV charger right here..."
builder: "What's an EV ?"
1771003760657.webp

General Electric EV circa 1900
 
I'm having a new construction home built and finding out the builder is not ready for EV chargers.!!! So in the process of learning them how to do this I came across the new GFCI regulations. I thought GFCI was a no-go for EV chargers but found out there are several (4) different GFCI breakers, some for EV chargers. Also, seems national regulations on EV chargers/installations are in flux. Also, local regulations may differ. Also, I figured car to house power would be sorted by now . Also, fusion power is still, and will forever be, 50 years away. No solar panels on this new construction.
Same here. Not at electrical yet, but they were informed from day 1 we are an EV family and require at min 60amp breaker to 100 amp. They told me no problem. I am thinking about a 48V or 50V, the new review from State of Charge EV charger seems like great candiate under $400.
 
Back
Top