Hold Mode Disappeared

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I have been driving in Hold mode vs Creep mode. This morning Hold mode has disappeared and it cannot be accessed in vehicle settings.

Anyone have a similar experience?

I have been driving in Hold mode vs Creep mode. This morning Hold mode has disappeared and it cannot be accessed in vehicle settings.

Are you in Park?

No. I was driving coming to a red light.

Now, Hold mode is back again!!! Hold and Creep also appear in the pilot panel again.

I think cycling into sleep then coming back to the car and waking it up seems to reset weird things like this.

Yes! Hold disappeared and cannot be accessed in vehicle settings. I miss it terribly. I am in drive, sitting at stop. The car rolls when I take my foot off brake. Can be dangerous.

I have same issue and I am not in park.
Weird. Please post a picture of your settings screen showing the hold mode setting so I can add it to the bugs list. Have you tried a reset?

I have had this issue a couple of times. Always a bit surprising and disturbing when expecting “hold” to…ummm…take hold, and it does not.

When I go into park, and then Settings->Vehicle->DriveSettings->StopMode, it is an easy matter to switch it back to “Hold”.

But it is unnerving when it unexpectedly disappears.

May be coincidence or correction, but I haven’t had the issue occur again since both the .61 and .64 updates.

Weird. Please post a picture of your settings screen showing the hold mode setting so I can add it to the bugs list. Have you tried a reset?
Thank you Bobby. I called customer care, that guy could not solve my problem. He sent me to Scottsdale service center, Issac spoke with me. Bobby hit the nail on the head but I misunderstood precisely what he was asking. I was trying to fix the problem when out and about, I was not in Park, sitting in my garage. The customer service guy told me if you hit the gas pedal twice in rapid succession, which I don’t believe I have ever done, hold mode goes away, just a heads up for anyone with this issue. So when Bobby asked if I was in park, I was not because I was at stop lights or pulled over when trying to access hold function in vehicle settings. Lesson learned is that one has to be “parked” and in park to access hold within vehicle settings. Now I have to make sure that also solved my Roll problem. I do not want Roll, ever. It is so dangerous.

I have had this issue a couple of times. Always a bit surprising and disturbing when expecting “hold” to…ummm…take hold, and it does not.

When I go into park, and then Settings->Vehicle->DriveSettings->StopMode, it is an easy matter to switch it back to “Hold”.

May be coincidence or correction, but I haven’t had the issue occur again since both the .61 and .64 updates.
Thanks so much Bob. I am now in hold mode, my Scottsdale service center solved my problem over the phone. I was trying to change back to Hold when out and about at traffic lights and stop signs. One has to be fully parked and in Park to change these settings. That is why they were grayed out on my screen, I was not fully parked and in Park. Small details that matter. Your instructions were dead on, thanks for the help. I love hold and hate roll.

Down with roll!! It happens rarely (4 times for me in 5 mo) but when it happens it is panic time. Hitting the accelerator is supposed to reengage hold but I have had situation where I had to punch it multiple times. And the last time drive engaged and I shot out into the street. I talked to Scottsdale SC - John the manager. He recommended detailing the event at the time for reporting to Lucid so they can examine logs. In my situation I was totally focused on getting out of trouble and failed to take timely notes. Now I always check the setting after an update but the last event was just a random happening on the ramp out of a parking lot into the street.

And Lucid - WHY is there a roll function at all?

Down with roll!! It happens rarely (4 times for me in 5 mo) but when it happens it is panic time. Hitting the accelerator is supposed to reengage hold but I have had situation where I had to punch it multiple times. And the last time drive engaged and I shot out into the street. I talked to Scottsdale SC - John the manager. He recommended detailing the event at the time for reporting to Lucid so they can examine logs. In my situation I was totally focused on getting out of trouble and failed to take timely notes. Now I always check the setting after an update but the last event was just a random happening on the ramp out of a parking lot into the street.

And Lucid - WHY is there a roll function at all?
Because there are monsters out there who like roll mode 👻👹👾😈

Thank you Bobby. I called customer care, that guy could not solve my problem. He sent me to Scottsdale service center, Issac spoke with me. Bobby hit the nail on the head but I misunderstood precisely what he was asking. I was trying to fix the problem when out and about, I was not in Park, sitting in my garage. The customer service guy told me if you hit the gas pedal twice in rapid succession, which I don’t believe I have ever done, hold mode goes away, just a heads up for anyone with this issue. So when Bobby asked if I was in park, I was not because I was at stop lights or pulled over when trying to access hold function in vehicle settings. Lesson learned is that one has to be “parked” and in park to access hold within vehicle settings. Now I have to make sure that also solved my Roll problem. I do not want Roll, ever. It is so dangerous.
Thanks for sharing this! This may have been what caused me popping out of hold mode last year nearly hitting a vehicle behind me when I was on a hill and rolled backwards. It’s definitely possible I tapped the accelerator pedal twice trying to inch up the hill onto the main road, throwing the car into this secret roll mode? I hope they disable this “feature” haha.

I've had it happen too. Having driven a manual transmission before, now that I know to be ready for this, it's not as bothersome, but it was definitely unnerving the first time. Over the course of one drive, it can switch behaviors back and forth without me changing settings, and that is on the latest software. Now I pay close attention to how smoothly the car stops; if I don't feel the "catch" then I'm ready to catch it myself before the car starts rolling backwards.
Why a function like this is only accessible to change when in Park, doesn't make sense to me. We have a RAV4 Hybrid where we can engage Hold mode on demand with a single button, not buried in vehicle settings.

Back