Here’s every angle of the all-electric Lucid Air in pictures

Joe

Staff Member
Admin
After years of development, Lucid Motors took the wraps off the Air, an electric luxury sedan that was unveiled Wednesday in a live-streamed event.

The Air combines high-end features with eye-popping performance specs and technology that puts it in the same luxury category as a Mercedes S Class. The Air will range in price from as high as $169,000 for its flagship Dream variant to just below $80,000 for the base model, not counting the $7,500 federal tax credit.

The vehicle will have four variants in all, each with slightly different battery ranges that fall between 517 miles and about 400 miles. The Air will be loaded with 32 sensors, a driver-monitoring system and an Ethernet-based architecture all for its advanced driver assistance system, which is designed to support hands-free driving on highways.

Inside the Air is a simple — not stark — design that balances technology and the needs of the driver. A 34-inch curved glass 5K display sits in front of the driver, and appears to float above the dashboard. Another center touchscreen is retractable. Meanwhile, a few physical controls remain on the steering wheel and just above the center screen.

The Air’s design comes across as precise and thoughtful, not jammed with buttons, touchscreens and toggles. TechCrunch hasn’t been inside the production version of the vehicle just yet, but we have loads of photos to share. Check out the inside and exterior of the Air below.

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

ADAS_Sensor-Suite_HiRes.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

11.jpg

6-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

10-1.jpg

OnePoint_Car_Blue.jpg

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/09/heres-every-angle-of-the-all-electric-lucid-air-in-pictures/

Has anyone on the forum seen an actual car in the Eureka Gold? If so, what is your opinion of the color?

I'm not excited about any of the three Dream Edition colors and had dismissed the gold out of hand as being too yellowish. However, in recent pictures it sometimes looks more subtle and bronze-like.

Also, I'm very curious to see what I think is the fold-down center armrest in the rear seat. Can anyone confirm it's there (as Lucid has never published a photo of it) and describe what's in it (cupholders, phone charging pads, usb ports)?

Out of Spec Motoring just did a live stream on the Lucid Air from the Classic Car Club of Manhattan. The two cars reviewed were a Zenith Red Grand Touring and a White Dream Edition.

These are still not production-representative cars, but rather hand-built one-offs. (In fact, the reviewer introduced the employee who built the drive train of the Grand Touring car.) For instance, the seats in the Grand Touring car were noted as not being the final production seats. Also, although both cars had power-operated passenger doors, the reviewer said those doors would not be available at start of production and would only come later. In other words, the $169.000 Dream Edition will not have this feature, but cheaper versions will.

I received a reply from Lucid to my inquiry about a rear seat center armrest. They confirmed the production version will have one with cupholders and a storage compartment, but it is not being pictured at this point because its design is not yet finalized. I was also told that no Design Studio will open without actual cars being available to examine. However, they will be hand-built prototypes that might not be production-representative cars in all their particulars.

In short, it might be quite a while before we see a fully production-representative Lucid Air either online or in a Design Studio.

Last edited:
I just noticed on the Lucid Motors website that the rear doors of the Air open a full 90 degrees, which is a very useful feature. I was thinking the power-operated doors were just a nice-to-have item. But with the rear doors opening that wide, it becomes more of a must-have unless someone has very, very long arms.

Back