Help! Drove Over a Curb. Advice Appreciated

kaz3320

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Help! I accidentally drove over a curb that wasn't easily visible due to incline. The 2 right tires have chunks of rubber that have peeled but are still attached. The rims have scuffed but luckily not dented. Please let me know what is the best course of action I should follow going forward!

Attachments

• 20240709_124256.webp
    20240709_124256.webp
    391.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20240709_124300.webp
    20240709_124300.webp
    351.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20240709_124306.webp
    20240709_124306.webp
    383.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20240709_124313.webp
    20240709_124313.webp
    424.5 KB · Views: 104
I *literally* just went through this due to a rockslide. Have the tires checked out and inspected by an America’s Tire or Discount Tire; they’ll pump it up to 60psi, do a dunk test to look for bubbles/leaks, etc.

If it is losing air at all, replace the tire.

The wheels can be refinished. See my post above for photos.

I *literally* just went through this due to a rockslide. Have the tires checked out and inspected by an America’s Tire or Discount Tire; they’ll pump it up to 60psi, do a dunk test to look for bubbles/leaks, etc.

If it is losing air at all, replace the tire.

The wheels can be refinished. See my post above for photos.
Thanks borski! I took it to Discount Tire and they told me the tires are still good. Do you know anything about repairing the parts of the tire where the rubber tore? I'm sure it's not as easy as just gluing it back together.

Thanks borski! I took it to Discount Tire and they told me the tires are still good. Do you know anything about repairing the parts of the tire where the rubber tore? I'm sure it's not as easy as just gluing it back together.
If inspection indicates the tire is still good, it is as simple as gluing the small pieces back in place. A little fine sand paper to clean it up after it dries.

If inspection indicates the tire is still good, it is as simple as gluing the small pieces back in place. A little fine sand paper to clean it up after it dries.
Perfect! Thank you! Would you happen to have any recommendations on glue?

I did the same. One tire lost air pressure. I replaced 2 tires through my local Lucid service center. If you go to Tire Rack or Discount Tire make sure they use the exact tire otherwise the ride and handling will not be the same.

Please don’t run your fabulous vehicle on glue. Geez. Get your tires and wheels replaced.

Please don’t run your fabulous vehicle on glue. Geez. Get your tires and wheels replaced.
Tire maybe it's hard to tell how deep the cut is, but the wheel? Because of a burr? That would be very pricey!

Back