hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
I just got an email from an outfit called 7th Sense, claiming they are partnered with Lucid Motors to get input from early reservation holders on future product development. The email said participants would get $100 for participating in this 45-minute survey, and a link to the survey was provided.

I called Lucid Sales to verify whether this was legitimate, and the sales rep to whom I talked said he knew nothing about this. I forwarded the email to him. He is going to check it out and get back to me if it is legitimate.

Meanwhile, if anyone else gets this email, I would advise against opening the link.

Just got confirmation from Lucid Sales that they have, indeed, enlisted 7th Sense to run a survey of early reservation holders. So I'll be participating in the survey.

Just got confirmation from Lucid Sales that they have, indeed, enlisted 7th Sense to run a survey of early reservation holders. So I'll be participating in the survey.
Yeah, where's my email? I checked spam folder too. I'm an early reservation holder. I guess they can't send 500 emails for Lucid Dream reservation holders.

Here's the phrase from the email:

"Lucid Motors is seeking feedback from a select group of early reservation holders to help drive the development of upcoming Lucid electric vehicles."

I don't have any idea what criteria they used if, in fact, they selected only a subset of early reservation holders to survey. Maybe it's because I've been in frequent contact with Lucid Sales, have visited two Design Studios, and run my mouth obsessively on this forum?

Here's the phrase from the email:

"Lucid Motors is seeking feedback from a select group of early reservation holders to help drive the development of upcoming Lucid electric vehicles."

I don't have any idea what criteria they used if, in fact, they selected only a subset of early reservation holders to survey. Maybe it's because I've been in frequent contact with Lucid Sales, have visited two Design Studios, and run my mouth obsessively on this forum?
I guess I must be too presumptive, considering I've owned an Electric Vehicle continuously since the GM EV1 (first person to lease one) and have purchased 5 Teslas, since the Model S introduction. But the survey people or Lucid don't know this.:)

It would seem you're exactly the kind of customer whose opinion on future products Lucid should want. Why not give Lucid Sales a call and ask them about participating in the survey?

Latest news Lucid
Reservations top 9,000
The nascent electric vehicle (EV) company said that total Air reservations have now topped 9,000. When the deal was first announced in February, Lucid had around 7,500 reservations, which climbed to 8,000 by the end of that month. Those reservations, which are fully refundable, represent over $800 million in potential sales if the company can execute and deliver.Entering the final stretch before production

Lucid continues to refine its manufacturing processes to ensure high build quality. The company is already in pre-production and has made 74 pre-production vehicles thus far at its facility in Arizona. The production run for final quality validation is on schedule to kick off in June, with customer deliveries on track for the second half of the year. Testing and validation are progressing well, according to Lucid.
More stores and employees
There are currently six Lucid stores open, and another four are preparing to open their doors within the next two months. Those locations will be critical in building brand awareness. Additionally, Lucid has been aggressively hiring employees, including a new CFO, and now has over 2,000 employees in total.

Testing stationary storage
Lucid has plans to offer Energy Storage Systems (ESS), repurposing its batteries in the same way that Tesla does to serve the commercial, home, and utility energy storage markets. The company has now started to test ESS prototypes, with the batteries being integrated and tested with solar panels that are currently installed at Lucid's headquarters.
Pushing back the close
The deal was initially expected to close in the second quarter, but Lucid now believes that the transaction will be completed early in the third quarter. Once that occurs, the ticker symbol will change from "CCIV" to "LCID."
Reaffirming guidance
There were some recent misguided concerns that CEO Peter Rawlinson would not commit to Lucid's projections to deliver 20,000 vehicles in 2022 based on a media interview. The company has now effectively reaffirmed its forecasts, with some minor adjustments.
Instead of expecting to deliver precisely 577 vehicles this year, Lucid now expects to simply deliver less than 1,000. The previous projections had very specific volume forecasts. The company is now using round numbers, but the overall volume estim

Lucid posted a "Benchmark Test Ride" video a couple of days ago. In it Derek Jenkins said the things they are checking include "wind noise, steering, braking, handling, road noise, drive train noise." Later in the video he said that, while there are some areas in which they're "really shining", there are other areas where they "still have some work to do".

According to Rawlinson, Lucid's plan is to build 120 release candidate cars which, I assume, are the cars mentioned in the above post that will enter production in June. I was assuming these cars were meant to provide final checks on manufacturing and assembly processes. However, the list Jenkins gave seems to imply more fundamental design and engineering questions are still afoot. This squares with the "Endgadget" ride-along from three weeks ago in which Lucid said the chassis was about 60% sorted.

I don't know that much about bringing a new car to production, but it strikes me as rather late in the game to be still testing things that cannot be controlled via software changes, such as wind noise, road noise, and drive train noise. I hope I'm being too pessimistic, but my suspicion is growing that we Dream Edition reservation holders won't see our cars until very late in the year, if then.

Back