Headlights remain off while driving at night

windscar911

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air, 911
Just had this happen to me. Never had this happen before.

Haven't messed with headlight settings for a few weeks.

Drove somewhere at night. Parked for 30mins. Got back in the car. Noticed that everything outside was awfully dark.

Headlights were set to "Auto". Pretty sure the DRLs were on but Headlights were not.

I didn't feel like leaning forward and tapping the "Auto" button on the screen again so I just pushed the left stalk away from me to trigger Auto High Beam.

As soon as I did that, the Headlights remembered they needed to be on. The road light up and everything was back to normal (note high beam wasn't engaged. It was just on Auto high beam)

I had this happen yesterday myself. Thought it was just a one time glitch. We should report to customer service for sure. Instantly turned on after moving headlight stalk

This has happened to me once where I had to interact eith the stalk to have it turn on.

Just had this happen to me. Never had this happen before.

Haven't messed with headlight settings for a few weeks.

Drove somewhere at night. Parked for 30mins. Got back in the car. Noticed that everything outside was awfully dark.

Headlights were set to "Auto". Pretty sure the DRLs were on but Headlights were not.

I didn't feel like leaning forward and tapping the "Auto" button on the screen again so I just pushed the left stalk away from me to trigger Auto High Beam.

As soon as I did that, the Headlights remembered they needed to be on. The road light up and everything was back to normal (note high beam wasn't engaged. It was just on Auto high beam)
Hi, @windscar911.

Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a DM. I do advise opening a case with customer care if you haven't done so already.

Marqie

I’m a little confused - it doesn’t look like it’s night? Is the brightness turned way up or something? Auto only turns the headlights on when it’s dark outside…

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding!
I had the same thought; the ambient light looks to be on the border of where the headlights would engage. Yesterday when I was driving down the highway in the late afternoon, I noticed most cars had their headlights on, but not mine. Just as I noticed that, the lights came on. I think they may be set to engage marginally later than some other cars. In that video, wondering if they would have come on by themselves momentarily without having to press the stalk.

I’m a little confused - it doesn’t look like it’s night? Is the brightness turned way up or something? Auto only turns the headlights on when it’s dark outside…

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding!
Nah the iPhone just does a superb job with making everything look bright. Notice everyone else's lights.

Also my Headlights were set to auto so the car determined that it's dark enough for the Headlights but didn't actually turn them on. It's just a coincidence that it was dusk as I ran into this bug again. It was dark enough for my eyes that I found it odd that the road wasn't lit up. I wasn't certain that this bug had happened right up until I pushed to set the high beam assist.

The first time this happened it was completely dark out.

Main thing to look at here.

Car shows Headlights on(see bottom left of center display - sorry about the shaky clip).
Headlights aren't actually on.
I pushed the left stalk outwards to trigger highbeam assist.
Headlights came on (highbeam still off).

I had this issue last night. Started car and headlights didn’t turn on. Looked at the screen and they were set to “Auto”. Had to tap the symbol next to it and then auto again to get them to turn on.

This morning I get in the car to an “update successful” message that I didn’t instigate and car is still on .47 and has been for weeks now…… weird!

Also having issues with the auto wipers not working in rain.

Report it to customer care, and give them an exact time stamp of when the issue occurred.

They can then send it over to engineering to gather logs.

Happened to me one night this week also

Same thing happened to me on Thursday. I had to pull over and change to manual and then Auto for the lights to come on

Report it to customer care, and give them an exact time stamp of when the issue occurred.

They can then send it over to engineering to gather logs.
Already did. The texting feature is really handy for reporting bugs. Customer Care is probably sick of me….. “oh shit, not this guy again and his bug reports” 😂

Already did. The texting feature is really handy for reporting bugs. Customer Care is probably sick of me….. “oh shit, not this guy again and his bug reports” 😂
I too had this issue happen twice. This was on my list when car was in for the tow bar recall and vibration in the seats (Pirelli ended up replacing all 4 tires @ N/C).
Just heard that update 2.0.48 is being released in the days to address the headlight issue.

I too had this issue happen twice. This was on my list when car was in for the tow bar recall and vibration in the seats (Pirelli ended up replacing all 4 tires @ N/C).
Just heard that update 2.0.48 is being released in the days to address the headlight issue.
I got 2.0.48 this morning so hopefully it’s fixed. Can’t drive the car at the moment to find out until I get it to Lucid tomorrow for tire replacement.

Back