Has anyone had this on the Gravity? "Surround View Failed to Load," "Camera Unavailable," "Surround View Cameras Unavailable"?

archon810

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
283
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
On Saturday, Sep 27, I parked at Safeway for a few minutes. When I got back into the car and put it in reverse, both cameras refused to work and showed these errors: "Surround View Failed to Load," "Camera Unavailable," "Surround View Cameras Unavailable," followed by "Restart the vehicle. Schedule service if problem persists."

1759167462567.webp


I tried putting it in Park and reversing a few more times, but to no avail. I had to restart the screens by holding the brake pedal and the X and microphone steering wheel buttons for 15-20 seconds, after which they rebooted, and the cameras worked again. At this point, I'm convinced this is a software issue that Lucid will need to address in a future firmware update.

I've mentioned it to the service manager at San Jose who I'm in contact with, and he is getting someone from engineering to hopefully pull some logs from the car remotely later today. Either way, I need to bring it in soon for some other fixes, hopefully they'll find the root cause then.

Has anyone else run into these camera issues on their Gravity or Air cars?
 
Yes. Mine had that issue and the cameras never returned for park assist or lane change assist. The cameras themselves worked when I would look at the Live View from my phone app, so the cameras were physically operational. I dropped my car off today for this and a couple other issues.
 
I get this FREQUENTLY as well as MANY other ongoing issues in which I'm in communication w/ various lucid teams.
 
I get this FREQUENTLY as well as MANY other ongoing issues in which I'm in communication w/ various lucid teams.
I get it too, among other issues. This one is scary to me given the already low visibility in the vehicle.
 
I get this FREQUENTLY as well as MANY other ongoing issues in which I'm in communication w/ various lucid teams.
How did you manage to get in touch with the Lucid teams? I can't get past the Service Center.
 
I guess that I've raised such hell and vocal disgust locally a/w/a at [email protected] that they've determined that they should temper the flame ASAP.
 
I know a software OTA is forthcoming but with every day that I drive this car I get repeat errors in pop-ups some being of a serious safety issue! I hope to see evidence of software OTA improvements forthcoming but, the magnitude of issues that I have , I have such low confidence that an OTA could even possibly address the magnitude of my lucid problems. Must I subscribe to the 'Blind Faith' theory?
 
I know a software OTA is forthcoming but with every day that I drive this car I get repeat errors in pop-ups some being of a serious safety issue! I hope to see evidence of software OTA improvements forthcoming but, the magnitude of issues that I have , I have such low confidence that an OTA could even possibly address the magnitude of my lucid problems. Must I subscribe to the 'Blind Faith' theory?
The update should fix a bunch of false errors, at least according to the patch notes and people's experience so far.
 
I know a software OTA is forthcoming but with every day that I drive this car I get repeat errors in pop-ups some being of a serious safety issue! I hope to see evidence of software OTA improvements forthcoming but, the magnitude of issues that I have , I have such low confidence that an OTA could even possibly address the magnitude of my lucid problems. Must I subscribe to the 'Blind Faith' theory?
No, you certainly don’t have to believe anything. You could also sell the car and move on.

But if you’re going to hold on to the car, consider waiting for it to improve.

There’s nothing wrong with either option.
 
This isn't a small issue. Yesterday, I was backing up to get out of a parking spot and the backup camera, which originally came on, failed half way through the backup. It seem to come back on, but was actually showing the forward camera. Thinking everything seemed OK, I continued to back up but hit the car behind. The backup beeps didn't come on until I hit the car. I was only going very slowly obviously, but I do now have a tiny dent. I hope I can fix this with a dent puller. While this wasn't that big of a deal, imagine if there was a pedestrian stepping there.
 
This isn't a small issue. Yesterday, I was backing up to get out of a parking spot and the backup camera, which originally came on, failed half way through the backup. It seem to come back on, but was actually showing the forward camera. Thinking everything seemed OK, I continued to back up but hit the car behind. The backup beeps didn't come on until I hit the car. I was only going very slowly obviously, but I do now have a tiny dent. I hope I can fix this with a dent puller. While this wasn't that big of a deal, imagine if there was a pedestrian stepping there.
I experienced the same yesterday (minus the hit). I also had this happened before 3.4.1 and it seems to occur at the worst times, right when you are 100% reliant on the camera.
But Emad said all issues have been fixed, so Lucid will continue to dismiss my concerns.
 
Borski - Sell my car??? If only it was so simple. With bad press, EV resale values etc, my 125k vehicle would fetch a fraction of that!
 
Borski - Sell my car??? If only it was so simple. With bad press, EV resale values etc, my 125k vehicle would fetch a fraction of that!
You'd be surprised.

My point was that having 'low confidence' OTA updates will improve the car does not help you or anyone else; it's obviously okay to not like the car, but cynicism and pessimism are a choice. That's all I meant.
 
Thanks for the philosophy lesson. Would anger and outrage be more appropriate?! Having spent over $125k on a luxury premium vehicle with the Myriad issues .. Almost feel I've been duped. Every digit on my body is crossed in the hopes that this major update will address most if not all of my issues. Lucid picked up my gravity for service based on my complaints and issues and have left me with an Air loner. Wow very different (frankly not my cup of tea) , this thing works flawlessly. Again fingers crossed!
 
Thanks for the philosophy lesson. Would anger and outrage be more appropriate?! Having spent over $125k on a luxury premium vehicle with the Myriad issues .. Almost feel I've been duped. Every digit on my body is crossed in the hopes that this major update will address most if not all of my issues. Lucid picked up my gravity for service based on my complaints and issues and have left me with an Air loner. Wow very different (frankly not my cup of tea) , this thing works flawlessly. Again fingers crossed!
I’m not trying to admonish you. Feel however you feel! That’s your right.

Whether it’s productive or not is a question only you can answer.
 
This isn't a small issue. Yesterday, I was backing up to get out of a parking spot and the backup camera, which originally came on, failed half way through the backup. It seem to come back on, but was actually showing the forward camera. Thinking everything seemed OK, I continued to back up but hit the car behind. The backup beeps didn't come on until I hit the car. I was only going very slowly obviously, but I do now have a tiny dent. I hope I can fix this with a dent puller. While this wasn't that big of a deal, imagine if there was a pedestrian stepping there.
While the cameras on a car like this absolutely SHOULD work reliably, I have to say, do you not know how to use the mirrors to back up?

Maybe it's just because I've been in IT and working with software on a daily basis for 35+ years, but even when my backup cameras are working perfectly, I still don't trust them and also watch my mirrors to make sure I'm not going to hit something.

That would go doubly if I was backing up right after watching the camera fail.
 
While the cameras on a car like this absolutely SHOULD work reliably, I have to say, do you not know how to use the mirrors to back up?

Maybe it's just because I've been in IT and working with software on a daily basis for 35+ years, but even when my backup cameras are working perfectly, I still don't trust them and also watch my mirrors to make sure I'm not going to hit something.

That would go doubly if I was backing up right after watching the camera fail.
Yup.

I’m not blaming the customer here, as it shouldn’t have failed.

But I am regularly amazed at how people don’t use mirrors anymore. I watched someone back into a wall the other day (not in a Lucid) staring down at their camera, surprised. Meanwhile if they had checked the rear view I’m certain they would have stopped.

I’m prone to this, but only because my cameras have been flawless. If they’d failed once, mirrors for sure, for a while.
 
Oh come on guys - the cameras are a tool of several in the backing up process. Mirrors are critical but, with an ultra premium vehicle that boast these premium features (and you expect to work after shelling out 125k) not an unreasonable ask! I'll buy a a lower grade ev if I want to compromise certainty!
 
Oh come on guys - the cameras are a tool of several in the backing up process. Mirrors are critical but, with an ultra premium vehicle that boast these premium features (and you expect to work after shelling out 125k) not an unreasonable ask! I'll buy a a lower grade ev if I want to compromise certainty!
I have to agree with all of that... I know there are mirrors, but the times the cameras failed when I was trying to back up or change lanes I kinda panicked.
Plus, overall visibility in the Gravity is not great, from the thick pillars to the high window sill.
 
Plus, overall visibility in the Gravity is not great, from the thick pillars to the high window sill.
Throw in the 3rd row headrests being up and the rear wiper covering the upper middle of the rear window and one gets to use about 20% of the rear glass for visibility. The rear camera really is something you need, not just want, in the Gravity
 
Back
Top