HA & Adaptive Cruise

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Currently on road trip where I left Tucson and drove to Breckenridge, CO. My adaptive cruise was great but it would automatically go to HA without me long pressing the button. I found HA to be really annoying and continually jerking the car requiring constant steering control. I am wondering if this is operator error or do I have a problem. So far, EA charging has been exceptional and the car is running between 3.9 & 4.0 so the efficiency is good.

I too do not like HA ... and wish there was a way to eliminate it or at least make it difficult to access,
or at least make AC the default mode when you press the button.

Any mention of "self-driving" tells me : " these people do not like driving, and don't care about situational awareness".

The Adaptive Cruz is wonderful.

Currently on road trip where I left Tucson and drove to Breckenridge, CO. My adaptive cruise was great but it would automatically go to HA without me long pressing the button. I found HA to be really annoying and continually jerking the car requiring constant steering control. I am wondering if this is operator error or do I have a problem. So far, EA charging has been exceptional and the car is running between 3.9 & 4.0 so the efficiency is good.
It should not be jerking you around in HA. Go get your car recalibrated.

Any mention of "self-driving" tells me : " these people do not like driving, and don't care about situational awareness".
You can like both. I love driving, but sometimes HA is very helpful on long stretches of highway in traffic.

Depends on if you are constantly torqueing your wheel. Because HA allows you to steer slightly while in operation, when I first started using it, my natural tendency torqued the wheel slightly and it caused HA to move off it's center line and would jerk back.

This is normal if HA is available. Long press to switch to adaptive cruise.

Mine defaults to the last program used (AC or HA) and you long press to change it. Once it is in AC mode, it should stay there until you change it.

Back