Guest profile question

bexxxx

New Member

Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Cars
AirT,GravityGT
Initially when I'd use keyfob to get in Gravity it would default to my profile, or I guess it key was added to my profile? I think we did that when I initially picked car up. Anyways things did work at one time.

Then other day I went outside in morning and neither keyfob or creditcard worked to unlock car. That was its own mess. Eventually I got keyfob to work again... well I took battery out, put a new battery in and it worked. Then I took out new battery and put in old batter and it still worked. So I didn't really do anything... I think just removing battery for a minute and putting it back in is what fixed keyfob.

But whlie everything seems to work now, when I get in car using keyfob it says Guest profile. And there is nothing in menus to configure profiles? -- I guess maybe because its on guest profile it doesn't let me manage profiles?
 
Initially when I'd use keyfob to get in Gravity it would default to my profile, or I guess it key was added to my profile? I think we did that when I initially picked car up. Anyways things did work at one time.

Then other day I went outside in morning and neither keyfob or creditcard worked to unlock car. That was its own mess. Eventually I got keyfob to work again... well I took battery out, put a new battery in and it worked. Then I took out new battery and put in old batter and it still worked. So I didn't really do anything... I think just removing battery for a minute and putting it back in is what fixed keyfob.

But whlie everything seems to work now, when I get in car using keyfob it says Guest profile. And there is nothing in menus to configure profiles? -- I guess maybe because its on guest profile it doesn't let me manage profiles?
Switch to your regular profile, using your PIN. Then under settings you can attach the fob to your profile.
 
Initially when I'd use keyfob to get in Gravity it would default to my profile, or I guess it key was added to my profile? I think we did that when I initially picked car up. Anyways things did work at one time.

Then other day I went outside in morning and neither keyfob or creditcard worked to unlock car. That was its own mess. Eventually I got keyfob to work again... well I took battery out, put a new battery in and it worked. Then I took out new battery and put in old batter and it still worked. So I didn't really do anything... I think just removing battery for a minute and putting it back in is what fixed keyfob.

But whlie everything seems to work now, when I get in car using keyfob it says Guest profile. And there is nothing in menus to configure profiles? -- I guess maybe because its on guest profile it doesn't let me manage profiles?
Interesting that the battery swap might really just be a power reset for the fob, and not actually having a low battery. There's been a lot of people reporting positive results from putting in a new battery, but I don't think I've seen anyone saying that they tested the voltage of the old battery they pulled out.
 
Interesting that the battery swap might really just be a power reset for the fob, and not actually having a low battery. There's been a lot of people reporting positive results from putting in a new battery, but I don't think I've seen anyone saying that they tested the voltage of the old battery they pulled out.
I have a friend who just removed his and put it back in, so my suspicion is your theory is correct.
 
Ah my bad, I didn't understand how to change profiles. I was just going to settings on lower screen and could see guest profile but no buttons to switch. On upper screen I gotta click the top right icon to change profiles. Once changed to my profile I had to get out, lock, unlock, get back in it and it asked to bind the keyfob to my profile. Okay all is better gain.

Interesting that the battery swap might really just be a power reset for the fob, and not actually having a low battery. There's been a lot of people reporting positive results from putting in a new battery, but I don't think I've seen anyone saying that they tested the voltage of the old battery they pulled out.
When I called customer care they asked for me to remove battery and put it back in to 'restart' or 'reset' the keyfob, I forget the term they used. I did this at the time but it did not fix the keyfob.

I ordered a new 2450 battery from Amazon and 3-4 hours later it was delivered. I then again removed battery, but this time had it out for a minute while I opened new battery package.. put in new battery can keyfob worked. I then checked voltage on old key and it seemed fine so curious I put it back in keyfob and keyfob is still fine.

I *THINK* the difference was initially I popped out old batter an dput it back in like 1-3 seconds and that wasn't long enough to reset some state.

I had it out longer putting in new battery and that's why it actually fixed issue.

Something to try if keyfob doesn't work. So something surely worth trying, customer care suggests it. But keep battery out for 10s or something at least to insure.
 
Can you also assign key cards to profiles? Can you create more than one driver profile? The Gravity user manual makes it sound like you can create only 1 driver profile and then 1 guest profile, and that’s it. I could also wait until Tuesday to find out for myself but I’m just too excited!!!!!!
 
Can you also assign key cards to profiles? Can you create more than one driver profile? The Gravity user manual makes it sound like you can create only 1 driver profile and then 1 guest profile, and that’s it. I could also wait until Tuesday to find out for myself but I’m just too excited!!!!!!
Yes and yes.
 
Can you also assign key cards to profiles? Can you create more than one driver profile? The Gravity user manual makes it sound like you can create only 1 driver profile and then 1 guest profile, and that’s it. I could also wait until Tuesday to find out for myself but I’m just too excited!!!!!!
Manual version 12.1.1 - en-US: User Profiles section, page 162. Are you looking at some very old manual, because I found different info.

User Profile Types
There are three types of user profiles, each with their own level of access:
- Owner: This is the main profile assigned to the owner of the vehicle. The owner profile has access to all features, including managing other user profiles. There is only one owner profile.
- Secondary Driver: This is for additional regular users of the vehicle who would like to create a user profile that can store their individual preferences and settings. The vehicle can save up to five secondary user profiles.
- Guest: This is for any user who requires temporary access to the vehicle or a regular user who does not wish to create a profile. Guest preferences are saved to the profile for convenience but can be overwritten for a different guest user. There is only one guest profile.

I recommend reading the manual, at least the sections of your interest. There is info about all you asked + explanation how to assign key fobs and cards to profiles.
 
Manual version 12.1.1 - en-US: User Profiles section, page 162. Are you looking at some very old manual, because I found different info.

User Profile Types
There are three types of user profiles, each with their own level of access:
- Owner: This is the main profile assigned to the owner of the vehicle. The owner profile has access to all features, including managing other user profiles. There is only one owner profile.
- Secondary Driver: This is for additional regular users of the vehicle who would like to create a user profile that can store their individual preferences and settings. The vehicle can save up to five secondary user profiles.
- Guest: This is for any user who requires temporary access to the vehicle or a regular user who does not wish to create a profile. Guest preferences are saved to the profile for convenience but can be overwritten for a different guest user. There is only one guest profile.

I recommend reading the manual, at least the sections of your interest. There is info about all you asked + explanation how to assign key fobs and cards to profiles.
Ooh, yes. I must have an old manual because that is not what I see in my version. Did not even think about the fact that the manual has been updated. Will check the website now....
 
Back
Top