Green Checkmark and Red X Icons?

GMan

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
60T8OVVK
So I've noticed upon sitting down in the driver's seat, either a green checkmark or a red X icon will show in the Center Cockpit Panel for about 2-3 seconds. I've searched the owner's manual and I cannot find any documentation on those icons.

Based on my experience thus far, it seems to be an overall sanity check of the software/UI prior to beginning a drive. I say sanity check because you can still proceed to drive even it displays the Red X.

On two occasions, I've seen the Red X. The first time, I had no idea what it meant and I proceeded to drive. I noticed that my camera's were not operational and then it occurred to me that the Lucid was warning me something was not quite right. On my way back from that trip to the mall, I took note and saw a green checkmark. For that trip back, cameras were fine.

Today, I got the red checkmark and took the opportunity to test out a "soft reboot" since I've never tried that before. I did the "turn signal reset" method and upon entering the vehicle and preparing to drive, I got a green checkmark. Everything operated perfectly fine.

Questions:
  1. Does anyone actually know what these two icon mean?
  2. Is there a reference to any documentation on them?
Thanks

Solution
So I've noticed upon sitting down in the driver's seat, either a green checkmark or a red X icon will show in the Center Cockpit Panel for about 2-3 seconds. I've searched the owner's manual and I cannot find any documentation on those icons.

Based on my experience thus far, it seems to be an overall sanity check of the software/UI prior to beginning a drive. I say sanity check because you can still proceed to drive even it displays the Red X.

On two occasions, I've seen the Red X. The first time, I had no idea what it meant and I proceeded to drive. I noticed that my camera's were not operational and then it occurred to me that the Lucid was warning me something was not quite right. On my way back from that trip to the mall...

On two occasions, I've seen the Red X. The first time, I had no idea what it meant and I proceeded to drive. I noticed that my camera's were not operational and then it occurred to me that the Lucid was warning me something was not quite right. On my way back from that trip to the mall, I took note and saw a green checkmark. For that trip back, cameras were fine.

Today, I got the red checkmark and took the opportunity to test out a "soft reboot" since I've never tried that before. I did the "turn signal reset" method and upon entering the vehicle and preparing to drive, I got a green checkmark. Everything operated perfectly fine.

Questions:
  1. Does anyone actually know what these two icon mean?
  2. Is there a reference to any documentation on them?
Thanks
They're for the facial recognition. Nothing more than that as far as I know.

Solution
Interesting. I've been getting the red "X" in the last couple of days and have never seen it before. I have facial recognition turned off. It goes away after a few seconds but it is a new behavior.

Back