Great.. unknown impact on passenger rear 🙄

Air_GT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air grand touring
So after arriving home yesterday I noticed this damage/scratches on my passenger side. Obviously I had just got the car back from PPF but only the front half. Instantly punished for that decision 🙄

So how bad does this look?
Obviously I’ll be taking the car back to PPF the rest of it.

I think it might have happened at the gym in the parking? I could look at surveillance video but at this point it doesn’t even matter does it? I don’t think I’d claim this on my insurance anyway…

Attachments

• C58877A4-3122-47C5-B481-6CAC6E3F5106.jpeg
    C58877A4-3122-47C5-B481-6CAC6E3F5106.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
So after arriving home yesterday I noticed this damage/scratches on my passenger side. Obviously I had just got the car back from PPF but only the front half. Instantly punished for that decision 🙄

So how bad does this look?
Obviously I’ll be taking the car back to PPF the rest of it.

I think it might have happened at the gym in the parking? I could look at surveillance video but at this point it doesn’t even matter does it? I don’t think I’d claim this on my insurance anyway…
PPF would definitely have protected that.

If you do claim it on your insurance, it should be considered not your fault if you have a comprehensive policy, and your premiums shouldn’t change (but confirm that, of course)

PPF would definitely have protected that.

If you do claim it on your insurance, it should be considered not your fault if you have a comprehensive policy, and your premiums shouldn’t change (but confirm that, of course)
Thing is, there’s already a claim when I replaced the back glass, and my deductible is 1000$ so depending on what this is going to cost, not sure it’s worth it to claim

Bummer. Concur it looks like an SUV raked you backing out of a parking spot. I'm that guy who parks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out at the very edge of the lot, and still get pricks parking next to me. There are advantages: you get to admire your good taste, and log steps on your watch.

next time at the gym, check for an SUV with white paint on the left front bumper.

Thing is, there’s already a claim when I replaced the back glass, and my deductible is 1000$ so depending on what this is going to cost, not sure it’s worth it to claim
Glass is also separate and shouldn’t affect premiums, but depends on the policy. And yeah, understood about the deductible.

Glass is also separate and shouldn’t affect premiums, but depends on the policy. And yeah, understood about the deductible.
not really worried about premiums but more future buyers seeing all these insurance claims etc how it would affect resale value.

Also, really think it’s about time Lucid released a software update which would use some of the surround view features to record when other vehicles/people get close to the car. I think it would be great in situations like this.

Bummer. Concur it looks like an SUV raked you backing out of a parking spot. I'm that guy who parks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out at the very edge of the lot, and still get pricks parking next to me. There are advantages: you get to admire your good taste, and log steps on your watch.

next time at the gym, check for an SUV with white paint on the left front bumper.

Damn cosmo that is some A+ detective work and as I was leaving the gym today look what I find…

6E6EB0A4-8AF0-4012-AD41-A0ADC1D41FFE.jpeg

But at this point even if I do look over the camera footage with the manager tomorrow and these people did in fact hit my car … what recourse do I have ?

If you have video evidence, I'd imagine you could file a police report as a hit and run? Maybe get them to cover your damage through their insurance to avoid any charges? Not a cop or lawyer, so no clue what I'm talking about 😬

I had a similar incident with hit and run in a charger area in Perry UT. Had a 3 in shallow dent and paint scraped on 3 panels. Cost to fix per body shop $4800.

I had a similar incident with hit and run in a charger area in Perry UT. Had a 3 in shallow dent and paint scraped on 3 panels. Cost to fix per body shop $4800.
My car doesn’t appear to be dented though 🤷🏼‍♂️ only surface scratches and the edges of the rear quarter panel might be slightly deeper

Damn cosmo that is some A+ detective work and as I was leaving the gym today look what I find…

View attachment 13477

But at this point even if I do look over the camera footage with the manager tomorrow and these people did in fact hit my car … what recourse do I have ?
YES, get the camera footage, your insurance co will be very happy to make that driver’s insurance pay not just for that, but also your deductible. My Mercedes got hit in a parking garage on my actual wedding day, the driver was nice enough to leave a note on my car (and also the garage to my building had cameras), his insurance paid for all of it, didn’t cost me a dime but was still a pain in the ass. Lucid repairs are expensive! Yours might be ok though if there’s no deformity, hard to tell from the pic.

My car doesn’t appear to be dented though 🤷🏼‍♂️ only surface scratches and the edges of the rear quarter panel might be slightly deeper
Try toothpaste to rub out the light surface scratch.

I cheaffur my dad around a lot and so I have a handicap sticker and get to park right in the front where no one can park directly next to me 😁

View attachment 13477

How do you have this footage?

How do you have this footage?
No that was just a quick photo I took of a black SUV with white paint on it… not saying that is in fact the truck that hit me

Back