Gravity rolling back while using Drive Assist in traffic on even the slightest inclines and several other safety issues (IMO, feedback needed)

archon810

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
283
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
I've been driving the Gravity for a couple of months now and wanted to ask if others are having the same issue with their Gravities or even Airs.

I noticed that when I'm using Drive Assist, Lucid's currently most autonomous drive mode similar to Tesla Autopilot (and my car has Dream Drive Pro, the top self-driving hardware), and I'm sitting in traffic, say on the freeway, if there is even a slightest incline, the Gravity starts rolling backwards downhill instead of holding when the traffic comes to a standstill.

When this happens, I slam on the brakes because I'm afraid I'm about to hit the car right behind me. I noticed this behavior on more than several occasions, and the hill grade is very minimal in such cases, it's not like I'm taking about the hills of SF.

Coming from multiple Teslas, this is not a behavior I would expect from an electric car. In fact, I think it's outright dangerous and I'm thinking of reporting it to NHTSA and Lucid, although I wanted to collect more feedback first and maybe catch a video.

Several other issues I've observed that I think warrant a report to Lucid and a regulator:
  • When the car is locked (which happens as soon as the fob is more than several feet away from the car), the rear doors can no longer be unlocked from the inside unless you use a tremendous amount of force to trigger the manual override (the front doors don't get disabled like this and the child lock setting has no effect on this issue). I had trouble doing this myself as an adult and can't imagine my kids being able to unlock themselves this way. I think it's a real safety issue and all Lucid would have to do is to stop disabling rear unlocks from the inside when the car locks.
  • If I make a relatively sharp turn, say from a nearby road onto a freeway on-ramp at a 135 degree angle, half the time the Gravity's traction controls kick in and prevent me from accelerating past like 25 -30 mph for a good 5 seconds. IMO this is another safety issue because if somebody is coming up behind me expecting me to accelerate onto the freeway, and I'm stuck at 25 mph without the ability to speed up, they might slam into me.
If anyone from Lucid is reading and has questions, clarifications, or needs help with reproduction steps, please message me or comment here.

Have you ever observed any of these behaviors on your Lucids?
 
I've been driving the Gravity for a couple of months now and wanted to ask if others are having the same issue with their Gravities or even Airs.

I noticed that when I'm using Drive Assist, Lucid's currently most autonomous drive mode similar to Tesla Autopilot (and my car has Dream Drive Pro, the top self-driving hardware), and I'm sitting in traffic, say on the freeway, if there is even a slightest incline, the Gravity starts rolling backwards downhill instead of holding when the traffic comes to a standstill.

When this happens, I slam on the brakes because I'm afraid I'm about to hit the car right behind me. I noticed this behavior on more than several occasions, and the hill grade is very minimal in such cases, it's not like I'm taking about the hills of SF.

Coming from multiple Teslas, this is not a behavior I would expect from an electric car. In fact, I think it's outright dangerous and I'm thinking of reporting it to NHTSA and Lucid, although I wanted to collect more feedback first and maybe catch a video.

Several other issues I've observed that I think warrant a report to Lucid and a regulator:
  • When the car is locked (which happens as soon as the fob is more than several feet away from the car), the rear doors can no longer be unlocked from the inside unless you use a tremendous amount of force to trigger the manual override (the front doors don't get disabled like this and the child lock setting has no effect on this issue). I had trouble doing this myself as an adult and can't imagine my kids being able to unlock themselves this way. I think it's a real safety issue and all Lucid would have to do is to stop disabling rear unlocks from the inside when the car locks.
  • If I make a relatively sharp turn, say from a nearby road onto a freeway on-ramp at a 135 degree angle, half the time the Gravity's traction controls kick in and prevent me from accelerating past like 25 -30 mph for a good 5 seconds. IMO this is another safety issue because if somebody is coming up behind me expecting me to accelerate onto the freeway, and I'm stuck at 25 mph without the ability to speed up, they might slam into me.
If anyone from Lucid is reading and has questions, clarifications, or needs help with reproduction steps, please message me or comment here.

Have you ever observed any of these behaviors on your Lucids?
Are you in hold mode or roll mode in the settings?
 
I have had the roll back as well one time.

The overly aggressive Traction Control is also an issue I’ve encountered and I agree with you. The power is so nerfed when you make a sharp u-turn that it sort of defeats the purpose of having a short turning circle. When you’re doing a u-turn like that you need to be able to accelerate quickly to not disturb the flow of traffic but it retards your acceleration for several seconds. I find it’s way too aggressive on traction control in general.
 
That's interesting about the incline. I've been really impressed with the Gravity's hold logic, it's better than our i4's, which get's really easily confused on inclines to the point that I have muscle memory to just use the brake. I'm now trying to deprogram myself from that because the Gravity has been so consistent.
 
I've been driving the Gravity for a couple of months now and wanted to ask if others are having the same issue with their Gravities or even Airs.

I noticed that when I'm using Drive Assist, Lucid's currently most autonomous drive mode similar to Tesla Autopilot (and my car has Dream Drive Pro, the top self-driving hardware), and I'm sitting in traffic, say on the freeway, if there is even a slightest incline, the Gravity starts rolling backwards downhill instead of holding when the traffic comes to a standstill.

When this happens, I slam on the brakes because I'm afraid I'm about to hit the car right behind me. I noticed this behavior on more than several occasions, and the hill grade is very minimal in such cases, it's not like I'm taking about the hills of SF.

Coming from multiple Teslas, this is not a behavior I would expect from an electric car. In fact, I think it's outright dangerous and I'm thinking of reporting it to NHTSA and Lucid, although I wanted to collect more feedback first and maybe catch a video.

Several other issues I've observed that I think warrant a report to Lucid and a regulator:
  • When the car is locked (which happens as soon as the fob is more than several feet away from the car), the rear doors can no longer be unlocked from the inside unless you use a tremendous amount of force to trigger the manual override (the front doors don't get disabled like this and the child lock setting has no effect on this issue). I had trouble doing this myself as an adult and can't imagine my kids being able to unlock themselves this way. I think it's a real safety issue and all Lucid would have to do is to stop disabling rear unlocks from the inside when the car locks.
  • If I make a relatively sharp turn, say from a nearby road onto a freeway on-ramp at a 135 degree angle, half the time the Gravity's traction controls kick in and prevent me from accelerating past like 25 -30 mph for a good 5 seconds. IMO this is another safety issue because if somebody is coming up behind me expecting me to accelerate onto the freeway, and I'm stuck at 25 mph without the ability to speed up, they might slam into me.
If anyone from Lucid is reading and has questions, clarifications, or needs help with reproduction steps, please message me or comment here.

Have you ever observed any of these behaviors on your Lucids?
What settingt do you use for regen… I have it set to hard regen and mine hasn’t rolled back…
 
My Air isn't equipped with DA hardware, but when using ACC it will hold on an incline after coming to a stop. I have regen set to high, and I have roll mode configured.
 
if there is even a slightest incline, the Gravity starts rolling backwards downhill instead of holding when the traffic comes to a standstill.
I had this happen at the same spot 2 times before. There is a light at the top of the hill, and when the traffic is stopped, the car will come to a stop behind another car and then start rolling back very slowly. I have max regen and hold on. Car is DDPro & enabled in Drive Assist mode. One time a just used the accelerator to keep it from rolling, since the light was about to change. The other time, I panicked and pressed the brake, which caused it to hold.
 
I had this happen at the same spot 2 times before. There is a light at the top of the hill, and when the traffic is stopped, the car will come to a stop behind another car and then start rolling back very slowly. I have max regen and hold on. Car is DDPro & enabled in Drive Assist mode. One time a just used the accelerator to keep it from rolling, since the light was about to change. The other time, I panicked and pressed the brake, which caused it to hold.
Thank you for another confirmation.
 
Back
Top