Gravity Remote Start -- Another Software Bust

hmp10

Active Member

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2020
Messages
8,699
Reaction score
14,394
Location
Naples, FL
Cars
Air DE-P, 2 Gravity DEs
Air DE Number
395
Gravity DE Number
067
238
Referral Code
033M4EXG
Today I got this email from Lucid:

Screenshot 2026-04-03 at 2.14.46 PM.webp


I didn't know what software update 2.5.1 they were referring to, as our Gravities are running 3.5.1. So I checked my app software and found it was running 2.14.1 which, according to this email, should work with this update. Just to be sure, I checked the internet to find no further app update and then called Lucid Customer Service who also said 2.14.1 was the current version. They finally figured out that there is a typo in the email, which should have read 3.5.1.

Customer Service told me the feature was already active, which was a relief because our key fob no longer works properly in our newer Gravity. They said you do the mobile start by pressing the phone icon just to the right of the hatch opening icon on the app. It turns out the mobile key icons are grayed out for both our Gravities on the app. Customer Service insisted the feature is already active and had me log out and back in to the app. I did so, and the mobile key icon momentarily lit up before graying out again within a second.

Screenshot 2026-04-03 at 2.29.22 PM.webp


So they issued a service ticket.

Once again, a thoroughly messed up software rollout. It's unending.
 
Last edited:
Today I got this email from Lucid:

View attachment 38012

I didn't know what software update 2.5.1 they were referring to, as our Gravities are running 3.5.1. So I checked my app software and found it was running 2.14.1 which, according to this email, should work with this update. Just to be sure, I checked the internet to find no further app update and then called Lucid Customer Service who also said 2.14.1 was the current version. They finally figured out that there is a typo in the email, which should have read 3.5.1.

Customer Service told me the feature was already active, which was a relief because our key fob no longer works properly in our newer Gravity. They said you do the mobile start by pressing the phone icon just to the right of the hatch opening icon on the app. It turns out the mobile key icons are grayed out for both our Gravities on the app. Customer Service had me log out and back in to the app. I did so, and the mobile key icon momentarily lit up before graying out again within a second.

So they issued a service ticket.

Once again, a thoroughly messed up software rollout. It's unending.
We have been using this every day since it rolled out a week or so ago; my wife hits it while she walks out of school and it has never failed.

Just sharing our experience.

Again, I have no idea why yours is greyed out. Is that the case even if you let the car wake up first? It does require both your phone and the vehicle to have cellular service, as described in the release notes…
 
Again, I have no idea why yours is greyed out.

Neither does Lucid. Does your icon light up only when you're in proximity of the car?

Did you also get the email with the typo in it? I at first thought the feature was not working because I must not have the right software on either the car or the app even though that made no sense, as the Gravity software is well beyond 2.5 and the app software is well behind 2.5.

When they can't even identify the software correctly in an email I guess I should not be surprised that they can't get the software to work in all the cars.
 
I also received that email a couple of hours ago, but like @borski and others that have posted in the 3.5.1 thread, the remote start feature has been working for me since I installed the update. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any owners having issues with the remote start feature working.
 
Neither does Lucid. Does your icon light up only when you're in proximity of the car?

Did you also get the email with the typo in it? I at first thought the feature was not working because I must not have the right software on either the car or the app even though that made no sense, as the Gravity software is well beyond 2.5 and the app software is well behind 2.5.

When they can't even identify the software correctly in an email I guess I should not be surprised that they can't get the software to work in all the cars.
I believe it is because the charger is plug in. That is what I noticed but not 100% sure.
 
I believe it is because the charger is plug in. That is what I noticed but not 100% sure.

You are correct. But it makes no sense.

I went out to the car, and the app icon was grayed out and would not unlock the car. But you can't release the charge cable until the car is unlocked, so I still had to use the fob to do that.

Once I used the fob buttons to unlock the car (it no longer does so on approach as it did until a few weeks ago), I could release the cable, at which point the icon lit up on the app.

Also, I often open, get in the car, and power it up with the cable plugged in, such as when I'm going to vacuum the interior. The only thing the car won't do with the cable plugged In is to go into gear.

I don't really get the point of the mobile key if you still have to use a fob or key card to unlock the car to release the cable.

I use the mobile key on our Air, and it unlocks and powers up the Air while the cable is still plugged in. If I go into the garage to do something not related to the cars, I have either to leave my phone in the house or turn off its Bluetooth, or the Air will unlock and power up while still plugged in.
 
Last edited:
You are correct. But it makes no sense.

I went out to the car, and the app icon was grayed out and would not unlock the car. But you can't release the charge cable until the car is unlocked, so I still had to use the fob to do that.

Once I used the fob buttons to unlock the car (it no longer does so on approach as it did until a few weeks ago), I could release the cable, at which point the icon lit up on the app.

Also, I often open, get in the car, and power it up with the cable plugged in, such as when I'm going to vacuum the interior. The only thing the car won't do with the cable plugged In is to go into gear.

I don't really get the point of the mobile key if you still have to use a fob or key card to unlock the car to release the cable.

I use the mobile key on our Air, and it unlocks and powers up the Air while the cable is still plugged in. If I go into the garage to do something not related to the cars, I have either to leave my phone in the house or turn off its Bluetooth, or the Air will unlock and power up while still plugged in.
Can't you use the unlock door feature on the APP (same line as the car start icon all the way to the left)?
 
We have been using this every day since it rolled out a week or so ago; my wife hits it while she walks out of school and it has never failed.

Just sharing our experience.

Again, I have no idea why yours is greyed out. Is that the case even if you let the car wake up first? It does require both your phone and the vehicle to have cellular service, as described in the release notes…
I've used it multiple times as well. Works very well from day one and have had no issues.

Push the app button once, starts a 2 minute timer within about 3 seconds, walk to car, push driver door handle, put in drive. Great feature.
 
Neither does Lucid. Does your icon light up only when you're in proximity of the car?

Did you also get the email with the typo in it? I at first thought the feature was not working because I must not have the right software on either the car or the app even though that made no sense, as the Gravity software is well beyond 2.5 and the app software is well behind 2.5.

When they can't even identify the software correctly in an email I guess I should not be surprised that they can't get the software to work in all the cars.
borski got the perfect Lucids lol
 
Can't you use the unlock door feature on the APP (same line as the car start icon all the way to the left)?

I tried that initially, and the phone icon stayed gray. I tried again after seeing your post. My partner went with me and happened to ask me a question after I pressed the unlock icon and released the cable. It was only while I was answering his question that the phone icon finally lit up.

That's a fairly long delay for a two-step process, especially when the mobile key in our Air does everything at once upon merely approaching the car with the phone on me. I don't have to open the app. I don't have to unlock the car using the app. I don't have to release the cable. I don't have to hit a second icon.

I guess I was expecting the feature to behave as it does in the Air instead of this more tedious procedure for the Gravity. What is the point of the Gravity approach over the Air approach? I can't wait to see how this goes when I'm going to the car in a rain with my hands full.

BTW: Lucid has now sent out a corrected email correctly identifying this as a feature of 3.5.1.
 
Last edited:
I guess I was expecting the feature to behave as it does in the Air instead of this more tedious procedure for the Gravity. What is the point of the Gravity approach over the Air approach?
This isn't PAAK (phone as a key), which is what the Air has. This feature would allow anyone to drive your Gravity if you activate the Remote Start for them, even across the world. PAAK is coming to Gravity at some point.
 
This isn't PAAK (phone as a key), which is what the Air has. This feature would allow anyone to drive your Gravity if you activate the Remote Start for them, even across the world. PAAK is coming to Gravity at some point.
This is correct. Remote Start is not the same as the digital key, which is planned for release later this year.
 
Neither does Lucid. Does your icon light up only when you're in proximity of the car?
My wife is miles away with it right now. I just tested it before I typed this: opened the app, waited about 3-4 seconds for the car to wake up, the button is not greyed out, tapped it, 2-minute timer started. Tapped it again, 2-minute timer stopped.

Did you also get the email with the typo in it? I at first thought the feature was not working because I must not have the right software on either the car or the app even though that made no sense, as the Gravity software is well beyond 2.5 and the app software is well behind 2.5.

When they can't even identify the software correctly in an email I guess I should not be surprised that they can't get the software to work in all the cars.
I did, today. I also got the email correcting the typo a few hours later. The feature has been working for us since we got 3.5.1, which was a week or two ago (I can’t remember, but same time as everyone else).
 
borski got the perfect Lucids lol
Everyone else on this thread is also reporting not having issues with the feature, your sarcastic jabs at me aside.

🤷‍♂️
 
I tried that initially, and the phone icon stayed gray. I tried again after seeing your post. My partner went with me and happened to ask me a question after I pressed the unlock icon and released the cable. It was only while I was answering his question that the phone icon finally lit up.

That's a fairly long delay for a two-step process, especially when the mobile key in our Air does everything at once upon merely approaching the car with the phone on me. I don't have to open the app. I don't have to unlock the car using the app. I don't have to release the cable. I don't have to hit a second icon.

I guess I was expecting the feature to behave as it does in the Air instead of this more tedious procedure for the Gravity. What is the point of the Gravity approach over the Air approach? I can't wait to see how this goes when I'm going to the car in a rain with my hands full.

BTW: Lucid has now sent out a corrected email correctly identifying this as a feature of 3.5.1.
I think there might be some confusion. This is not “mobile key” as in the Air. This is a separate feature, named remote start, which kicks off a two minute timer so you can drive the car without a key present.

Lucid didn’t invent this feature; Tesla has it too.

It is not a replacement for PaaK or mobile key, which is still coming later, and which is what the Air has.

The Air does not have a “remote start” feature.
 
I'm a little confused on the exact issue here.

The Gravity manual says the car can't be driven (put into a gear other than Park) while connected to a charging cable.
That makes sense to me. That prevents a driver from driving off with a charging cable connected like people do at gas stations with fuel hoses.

When my car is connected to the charger, I press the unlock icon in the app.
My remote start icon is grayed out.
I then disconnect the charging cable and press the remote start icon to go into gear.

From the comments, it sounds like with the mobile key feature that the Air has, an owner can put the car in gear (powers up) even while the charging cable is connected.
That can't be correct. Air owner(s)?
 
I don't have a Gravity (although it would be nice), and I am so confused reading this thread!
 
I don't have a Gravity (although it would be nice), and I am so confused reading this thread!
I have a Gravity and I'm still confused!
 
Back
Top