Gravity Pre Production Begins - When will Reservations Begin?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Gravity reservations compares to the Air? Just wondering why Lucid is not taking orders for the Gravity yet? It seems Lucid is close enough to full production that reservations with a deposit should have begun. When the Air started pre production was Lucid already taking orders? If so I'm wondering why Lucid is waiting so long with the Gravity.

Does anyone know how the Gravity reservations compares to the Air? Just wondering why Lucid is not taking orders for the Gravity yet? It seems Lucid is close enough to full production that reservations with a deposit should have begun. When the Air started pre production was Lucid already taking orders? If so I'm wondering why Lucid is waiting so long with the Gravity.
Lucid decided after stresses with the Air ordering process (taking longer than expected, cancellations, etc) to just open up orders when they're ready to start delivering. I don't think there's going to be a reservation process, or if there is, it will be very short. Cutting that out should make for a better experience for us all. Now that they have the factory set up, I think they should be able to keep up with orders even if there's a large volume up front, so not as much reason to feel it out with reservations.

That makes some sense. It will probably be a very short system but they'll need something in place so people can get in line and reserve one. Demand will outstrip supply for a few months for sure and they'll need a reservation system to keep it organized. Without some kind of reservation system you'll have a free for all. That's won't be a good experience either.

That makes some sense. It will probably be a very short system but they'll need something in place so people can get in line and reserve one. Demand will outstrip supply for a few months for sure and they'll need a reservation system to keep it organized. Without some kind of reservation system you'll have a free for all. That's won't be a good experience either.
I am 100% certain they have not simply left thinking about this off of their pre-launch checklist. :) That doesn't mean they'll get it right, of course, but I'm hopeful.

In response to an investor question, Peter Rawlinson just implied that there will not be a "reservation list," but rather a "pre-order list." He didn't say when, except that it would be at an "appropriate time."

In response to an investor question, Peter Rawlinson just implied that there will not be a "reservation list," but rather a "pre-order list." He didn't say when, except that it would be at an "appropriate time."
I’m glad. The reservation list bit them in the butt with the Air. Pre-order and take non-refundable deposits is better.

I really enjoyed the earnings call.

So glad for a pre-order list. As was stated on the call, the reservation list did a "disservice" to Lucid customers. I wasn't on the reservation list, but researching the posts going back to 2020 and reading about over 25k reservations by 2022, some of you truly earned your purchase of an Air.

I heard about the reservation list for the 2nd gen Rivian R1s being over 100,000 and I can't imagine being in that line. A cheap reservation cost of $100 probably contributed greatly. I think a pre-order list will bring shoppers who are seriously considering the Gravity or perhaps, like me, have already decided to purchase.

As I understand pre-orders, you're able to select the trim and features you want. That will allow buyers to have a pretty good idea of the purchase price, depending on the online configurator.

I'm guessing there will still be a step in there for existing Air owners or those with a longstanding relationship with Lucid. Those that I have heard Peter refer to as something like committed fans.

Bring on the pre-orders!!!

I’m glad. The reservation list bit them in the butt with the Air. Pre-order and take non-refundable deposits is better.
Agree and I think it needs to be $1000 non-refundable to make people think twice about just putting a pre-order in for $100 and then never following through. $1000 is tougher to lose than $100

Back