FEATURE Gravity - Out of Spec Review

jri

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
30 minute mark really shows the new UI/UX in detail. Begging for something similar, as much as possible, in the Air.

He lost me in the first minute when he said he couldn’t get into the styling of the Air but he loves the styling of the Saphire. Two cars that for the most part look almost identical from a styling standpoint.

Ba bye.

The UI in Gravity seems like they kept the Air in mind. The dock at the bottom doesnt even go the full width of the screen, looks like it would fit perfectly in the vertical center screen of the air. The Pilot panel is pretty much identical except it has no breaks but overall seems like this will be adapted to the air perfectly fine. I am excited, the new UI looks slick and much more responsive. Unsure if thats due to new hardware or just because of the software but regardless, I am excited for this UI to trickle downstream!

He lost me in the first minute when he said he couldn’t get into the styling of the Air but he loves the styling of the Saphire. Two cars that for the most part look almost identical from a styling standpoint.

Ba bye.
It may depend upon which Air at which he is looking. I have never been fond of the silver stripe above the doors and the Saphire doesn't have that. But if he comparing it to a blacked out Air, then I agree that they are almost identical.

It may depend upon which Air at which he is looking. I have never been fond of the silver stripe above the doors and the Saphire doesn't have that. But if he comparing it to a blacked out Air, then I agree that they are almost identical.
To me those are very minor design elements, but the body panels and general styling that’s derived from those panels is what I’m talking about. To me his comment is almost akin to saying you hate the styling of a white Air but love the styling of a graphite Air. It’s just a color, it’s not ‘styling’.

To be honest I’m used to his contradictions, this isn’t the first instance of that.

To me those are very minor design elements, but the body panels and general styling that’s derived from those panels is what I’m talking about. To me his comment is almost akin to saying you hate the styling of a white Air but love the styling of a graphite Air. It’s just a color, it’s not ‘styling’.

To be honest I’m used to his contradictions, this isn’t the first instance of that.
Agreed. Forget what he's saying, just like the in depth look at the UI/UX

Well the good thing is, existing owners are not being deprived of these features. They will try to roll out to Air. Just like the turn by turn navigation

Not bad, some incorrect info, but otherwise a good review especially the part with David. I think Kyle really likes the Air and he has said it in his review, that it does drive better than his Plaid. He does seem very excited about Gravity which is good. He referenced some things in the video which to quote @borski , "hypothetically" will not be an issue in the production model.

Kyle contradicted himself a few times stating he didn't like the Air but like the Air Sapphire early in the video. Later on in the video he stated he likes the Air a few times.

Ba bye.
Literally nobody who has seen my car in person has anything negative to say about the styling. Every time I drive it, heads turn. In my opinion, anyone who can’t get into the styling is looking for a reason not to get into the styling.

Serious question, what other EV looks better? Mercedes? BMW? Tesla? Hyundai? I don’t think so. I like how the Taycan looks but it’s honestly not a serious contender in any category.

Thanks for posting that. It was very interesting. Kyle always does a good job and seems like a super positive person.

The new display, wheel and interface look so great and futuristic/modern. Gravity looks like it will be an awesome SUV!

Kyle contradicted himself a few times stating he didn't like the Air but like the Air Sapphire early in the video. Later on in the video he stated he likes the Air a few times.
Kyle said only that he wasn't a fan of the styling of the Air. In terms of driving dynamics after 10,000 miles in one, he said it was one of the best cars in the world as well as having the most advanced EV powertrain in the industry.

Literally nobody who has seen my car in person has anything negative to say about the styling. Every time I drive it, heads turn. In my opinion, anyone who can’t get into the styling is looking for a reason not to get into the styling.

Serious question, what other EV looks better? Mercedes? BMW? Tesla? Hyundai? I don’t think so. I like how the Taycan looks but it’s honestly not a serious contender in any category.
I just got this image of a guy walking up and saying "Jesus that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen." My first thought would be who even does that. Some serious psychos at this Walmart/Bank of America.

I love how this car looks. As an owner looks is way too subjective for me to care what reviewers think. I have to believe this because I've got a face like a Pontiac Astek.

As a stock holder though... :p

Ba bye.
Nah - they’re very different if you’re looking at the platinum styling vs the sapphire. The sapphire ie *much* more aggressive; a few of my friends have said that, and I agree. I happen to like the platinum look, but I can understand it being divisive.

I actually thought this was a great, really positive review. Well done!

• Love
Reactions: DBV
You had more patience than I, but your observations are exactly what I’ve seen before with him. One thing he does love unendingly, is his Teslas. ;)

I just got this image of a guy walking up and saying "Jesus that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen." My first thought would be who even does that. Some serious psychos at this Walmart/Bank of America.

I love how this car looks. As an owner looks is way too subjective for me to care what reviewers think. I have to believe this because I've got a face like a Pontiac Astek.

Seriously, I saw a Tesla owner post in X that the Air reminds him of a bathtub with a roof. I kid you not. 🤣

Nah - they’re very different if you’re looking at the platinum styling vs the sapphire. The sapphire ie *much* more aggressive; a few of my friends have said that, and I agree. I happen to like the platinum look, but I can understand it being divisive.

I actually thought this was a great, really positive review. Well done!
Even if one thinks that, how can you ‘not’ like the styling of an Air but like the Saphire? I can see liking one more than the other, but not liking one and liking the other? We’ll agree to disagree. ;)

Ask @Tesla2.0 , a plaid owner actually did this to his car!

Ask @Tesla2.0 , a plaid owner actually did this to his car!

Yes, I got all kind of look, but I also don’t mind taking the bashing. I got mostly WOW look from Tesla owners, it’s the Elon cultists that love to bash this car. I don’t need to elaborate further.

Back